Tdo4 bolt on and go ?

party paul

Member +
Hi guys been offered a tdo4 kit its all there manifold filter down pipe the lot ! i will get mangement if i buy the kit but have been told for now its ok to just bolt on running .5 boost on standard ecu ? and this would give about 160 bhp ? is this ok to do ? :confused:

party paul

Member +
will consider it as was going to go for a hybrid ! but for the long run tdo4 will be the best option and of course more power !

Jay

Admin
Always worth a fueling run afterwards. Just in case there is an issue. The cost of an engine rebuild far outweighs the cost of a cautionary AFR check.

I've run them on stock fueling before and it pays to be careful.

Jay

STARLET N/A

Member +
^^ an wideband AFR is a good investment in my eyes, helps to see everything running ok. also helps me get better MPG .

dont boost it past 0.5, just be patient and get management if you want more boost, not worth the risk.

party paul

Member +
cheers will do but would try and get management as soon as i can afford. r the standard injectors good for tdo4 ? my aim is about 220 bhp

mudi

Member +
Heres what you need if your looking for a good but cheap build,

- TD04L manifold with/ external wastegate, downpipe, oil/water lines

- 38mm external wastegate

- Uprated 255lph fuel pump

- 330cc injectors

- Sard/Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, fuel rail fitting and fuel lines

- HKS FCD

- Front mount intercooler

- NGK spark plugs

- Sort of boost control

-AFR guage

and ur ready to go,

Heres what you need if your looking for a good but cheap build,

- TD04L manifold with/ external wastegate, downpipe, oil/water lines

- 38mm external wastegate

- Uprated 255lph fuel pump

- 330cc injectors

- Sard/Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, fuel rail fitting and fuel lines

- HKS FCD

- Front mount intercooler

- NGK spark plugs

- Sort of boost control

-AFR guage

and ur ready to go,

if ur fitting 330cc injectors ull need to map the car or the fueling will be all over the place an fcd wont control the injectors

mudi

Member +
now the problem with me is that i dont have a dyno in my country... are you sure i cant run 330cc injecotrs with fcd...is there any alternative. im not looking for major power but atleast an increase...

still i havent ordered these parts yet..

mudi

Member +
dyno is 500miles from me,,its in kenya.. and the road is not very good...i might even go there and come back and ill find my whole car broken up....plus its really low and low profile tyres...road is really baad

now the problem with me is that i dont have a dyno in my country... are you sure i cant run 330cc injecotrs with fcd...is there any alternative. im not looking for major power but atleast an increase...

still i havent ordered these parts yet..

No uv got no chance the duty will need tuned town quite a lot once u fit them and that cannot be adjusted without a remap !
Ur fcd only adjusts the signal going to the map sensor not the injectors
The std injectors will fuel fine if ur running std Ecu at 0.8 bar

Last edited:

party paul

Member +
good shout mate ! i will see how it goes but will keep standard injectors for a while but will get hold of fuel pressure regulater and fcd and front mount first then get hold of a tdo4

party paul

Member +
also how much lag do u get with tdo4 ? I have gone off the line against a couple on drag days and they dont seem to catch me till im in 3rd gear ? i no u have to go a bit easy off the line to avoid shit loads of wheel spin !

mudi

Member +
dyno is 500miles from me plus the road is completely utterly badd...my car cannot go there unless it was a 4*4. Zisco told me they have some customers running this exact modlist and their running fine at 14.5psi which i want to run also...the car is a weekend car as in i have a toyota yaris for work.....yes paul you gotta get to know your car abit more to get the launch right..i start of alil easy then when i see the see the right time then full throttle all the way... so if 330cc injectors are not right what else is the nex best alterntive for this....and all this will cost around 1900 euros

Last edited:
dyno is 500miles from me plus the road is completely utterly badd...my car cannot go there unless it was a 4*4. Zisco told me they have some customers running this exact modlist and their running fine at 14.5psi which i want to run also...the car is a weekend car as in i have a toyota yaris for work.....yes paul you gotta get to know your car abit more to get the launch right..i start of alil easy then when i see the see the right time then full throttle all the way... so if 330cc injectors are not right what else is the nex best alterntive for this....and all this will cost around 1900 euros

no injector's will work with std ecu unless there std injectors
the only way u can uprate the injectors is by mapping the ecu to suit them !