Trading without a traders forum

gv1.3

Admin
Hi all,

I would like to remind anyone that operates in a commercial capacity that they MUST have a traders account before offering items or services for sale via this website.

Applications for trader positions can be sent to admin@toyotagtturbo.com

ANYONE that is found to be trading either via the forum or by PM to members will have their account removed, without warning or notice, and will be banned from using this site. This includes adding advertisements to your signature, avatar or any fields in your profile.

This is the final warning we will be giving on this matter and it applies to EVERYONE so please keep this in mind, there will be no warnings any more.

INSTANT ACCOUNT REMOVAL FOR TRADING WITHOUT A TRADING FORUM

:holdit:

gv1.3

Admin
I agree Dane and our traders put a serious amount of time and effort in to bringing us the parts that they do. I am sick warning people about trading on here and so there will be no more warnings.

Ive posted this thread in all of the classifieds sections too so if someone says "I never saw it" too bad... they have been warned and will be removed.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Agreed, I will still give advice where I can as normal if this is okay.

Am I okay to reply to the Toy Tuning post created by the members or is this a bannable offence?

T

gv1.3

Admin
Agreed, I will still give advice where I can as normal if this is okay.

Am I okay to reply to the Toy Tuning post created by the members or is this a bannable offence?

T

Toby Im not sure what your post is about. Everyone gives advice on here thats what this site is built around so by giving advice you will be doing what we all do on here.

In answer to your question about posting in thread about toytuning... of course you can post in them as long as you are not making reference to selling items etc. I have noted however some non-traders are having members post threads promoting their items for them... this will not be tollerated and both the person posting the thread and the person attempting to trade will be banned.

This is not brain surgery... if you are not a trader dont try sell anything on here unless it is a one off private sale.

TurboDave

Member +
All very well and good but the management do seem to be becoming the new "Third Reich", there are ways to put points accross rather than being so bureaucratic.

It is an Internet Forum you are running and not a plc.

gv1.3

Admin
All very well and good but the management do seem to be becoming the new "Third Reich", there are ways to put points accross rather than being so bureaucratic.

It is an Internet Forum you are running and not a plc.

cheers Dave for the insight into what we are running... yeah we are nazis... or maybe we are just sick of people trying to make a quick buck at the expense of members.

EDIT: if you prefer we could have said "pretty please dont trade" would that have been less bureaucratic?

Craig_GT

Lifer
Think its always been a good idea, it give the buyer confidence aswell knowning they have been "TGTT" approved! good work!

Craig

GTnomez

Member +
i tried to reply to this but you closed it when you started the thread.

to report someone, do you use the exclmation mark? so you click that mark in the users profile and does that flag them?

i would pm you but i cant as i know you get too many a day

gv1.3

Admin
didnt close this one mate... it was the others with the same thread name in the classifieds that were closed :) nice and confusing!

Yeah just click the exclamation mark and we will be notified.

Thanks!

Enzo

Member +
I have noted however some non-traders are having members post threads promoting their items for them... this will not be tollerated and both the person posting the thread and the person attempting to trade will be banned.

i cant help thinking this is aimed at me????
if it is relation to that post that pav made please,
let me tell you again i never asked him.

gv1.3

Admin
i cant help thinking this is aimed at me????
if it is relation to that post that pav made please,
let me tell you again i never asked him.

little bit of paranoia going on there mate. Its aimed at anyone that is doing it.

GTnomez

Member +
not paranoia, you stated the same thing in that thred so was just checking dude, thats all

as he states in every thread that people tried to trade in! hes done it one too many times and the man is fed up as you can see

gv1.3

Admin
yea i can relate, can be like banging your head off a brick wall

Im sure you can mate. Its not a difficult rule to follow really and its not something we want to be hassling people about but I guess we can just let everyone know its not to be done and then hopefully they will not do it... hopefully we wont have to start banning because thats something we all hate to do. (except Frankie... he is a bit of a weirdo like that)

Beaker

Member +
Why dont you make it that if you want to trade you must be VAT registered if based in the UK and equivelent in ireland. That would cut out a lot of the dodgy people and would ensure that only legal business' were being dealt with. I know some people do it on the side to make a bit of cash but if you are trading you should be paying taxes etc. Then if there were any problems, you could get the law/trading standards involved. Sounds harsh but would make the traders totally above board and keep dodgy people away.

Last edited: