TRD Clutch Disc And Pressure Plate

corofin12345

Member +
right, cant seem to find much info on these units although i did find out that "EXEDY" make the pressure plate and "ASIN" make the disc..

my question is, what power can they handle/rated too?

34 rep points for non gussing answers :)

Ted

Member +
organic about 270 but wont last long, i then changed to a trd paddle with same cover, no problems so far with 300

corofin12345

Member +
really? so this clutch kit would be well able for 200bhp?

a13.jpg

that sport disc set up is usually capable of about 260ish
may handle a bit more/less depending on how you drive it
good thing about it, its also feels almost stock, while handling some good power/torque

when dealing with clutches, torque is usually a primary factor when rating them

Last edited:

corofin12345

Member +
that sport disc set up is usually capable of about 260ish
may handle a bit more/less depending on how you drive it
good thing about it, its also feels almost stock, while handling some good power/torque

when dealing with clutches, torque is usually a primary factor when rating them

good stuff, all i needed to know, im just shy of 200bhp so all good... :)

thefalls

Member +
You should do well at that power. I have the same clutch and its all good to date.

But it doesnt like too much traffic,as i found out that when driving in heavy slow moving traffic it tends to heat.
And slip a tiny bit. But nothing harmful.
Almost 3 years of daily use now.

Jay

Admin
The TRD pressure plate is a safe bet under normal circumstances. Seen them paired up with various friction plates over the years and they seem a good upgrade from stock. Wee John was well impressed with his too.

weeJohn

Lifer
200 easy, you can use the stock friction plate with it as well. The only issue I have ever heard with them is the springs coming loose in the friction plate.

i've run a trd sports/organic clutch and trd pressure plate combination now for over 4 years
never had a problems with it in traffic or drags
great piece of kit if you are not going all out with the car....whenever it fails, i'll try to get back the same units

corofin12345

Member +
Part number : 31210-AE100
Load : 6, 860N/700KGF

Source is TRD's info page HERE

You can keep the rep points, I'm full!

ya seen that page jay but cant find info on the actual disc in the picture above... thats the pressure plate.. seems like a good bit of kit tho

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
ya seen that page jay but cant find info on the actual disc in the picture above... thats the pressure plate.. seems like a good bit of kit tho

The disc wont have a rating, its only the lining that could differ. I ran a relined stock friction plate in mine and it was great!

corofin12345

Member +
The disc wont have a rating, its only the lining that could differ. I ran a relined stock friction plate in mine and it was great!

cheers john, and i was foolish enough to sell on that combo you had for a few bob over the xmas....

cheers for the info lads