trd headgasket

poke

Member +
anyone using a trd headgasket on there starlet,can get one brand new for good money was wondering what they were like??

GTdan

In The Closet
quite a few run them - used to be very common a few years before the likes of athena came on the scene

Phil

Super Moderator
super job on a stock motor.

or with some sort of management if your running a bigger turbo/setup.

Phil

EDIt i assume your talking about the 0.6mm one?

poke

Member +
ya it the 0.6mm il be running it on a forged 4e with a td04 at 1.6 bar on motec would it be alrite for that do ya recon??
just seen everyone using athena but never trd was wondering would it be ok on my set up?

Phil

Super Moderator
ya it the 0.6mm il be running it on a forged 4e with a td04 at 1.6 bar on motec would it be alrite for that do ya recon??
just seen everyone using athena but never trd was wondering would it be ok on my set up?

yup, made 262bhp with a forged 4e with a trd hg and a head/block skim :) high comp like spuddy :)

all at only 1bar.

so you shouldnt have much bother getting the power you desire, with some decent boost so long as you have full control of the fuelling and timing.

(which you will running a Motec)

Phil

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Your TD04 at 1.6bar wont last too long, keep that sort of boost for special occasions and run 1.4-1.5 the rest of the time.

Gord R

Member +
What sort of compression ratio where you running if you don't mind me asking Spuddy with a 0.6 gasket?

poke

Member +
going ordering that headgasket but the fella wants to know what size, gona be running the ross pistons and scat rods from speedvision but speedvision dont give a compression ratio is there anyone running this combo??

weeJohn

Lifer
I am pretty sure Speedvisions Ross pistons do not have a dish in them, so you might be pushing it if you have had the head or block skimmed.

poke

Member +
dont have either skimmed yet was just going to skim the head,would you recon a 1.2mm gasket would be what id be looking for john if i take a light skim off the head??

poke

Member +
thanks chris,ya there a flat top piston would 1.4mm be a bit much the fella i was onto can get both??