Upgarding SuperCharger from SC-14 to VORTECH V2.

SalmanGT

Fresh Recruit
The SC-14 I am running is Pumping out 0.82(12 Psi) on a 1.1bar (16 Psi) pulley setup, the reason was leaking Teflon rotors, I Replaced the Crank Pulley with a bigger one, but the boost didn't increased, :mad:

I am well aware that SC-14 is not reliable above 0.9 Bar and dies very fast at high boost,
i could have replaced it with another SC-14 but i wanted to run some thing reliable and boost friendly,

a Friend had Vortech V2, i took it from him and currently its being install in my GT,
I forgot to take its Pictures, :/ but ill post installed one tomorrow as soon as i get the GT from the Fabrication Shop.

Performance Specs

Max Speed: 53000 RPM
Max Boost: 17 PSI
Max Flow: 1050 CFM
Max Power: 725 HP
Peak Efficiency: 75%

please guide me on how much boost should i run to get the same result as SC14 on 1Bar, to stay on safe side,
the engine is stock 5EFHE.

SalmanGT

Fresh Recruit
Pictures...

Pictures as Promised,
Currently Running .5 Bar :/ , the bypass Valve is open.

IMG_0622-15.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0620-13.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0618-11.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0617-10.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0613-8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0612-7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0610-6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0609-5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0607-3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks For looking

Skalabala

Member +
Looks great bud, thats a big upgrade :p Now where is the air filter? :)
Depends on the mapping really. A good tune can net you more usable power on 0.5 bar than the c14 at its max reliable boost.
If you can, see if its possible to do a more efficient job :)
What management are you using?

Last edited:

SalmanGT

Fresh Recruit
Not Impressed.

I was Running 0.85Bar (12.2 psi) on SC-14, its no where near to SC's power, few times i had issues with superchargers belt and boost decreased to 0.7Bar, but that was still faster then this Vortech V2, I know that SC can run 1 bar, thats a little above the safe side. :p

Actually the one side of the charge pipe is still not finalized, once i get the desired boost, its defiantly to be installed, will redo the piping,

SAFC is the piggy back I'm using,

Skalabala

Member +
Just a thought, are you sure you are giving the SC enough oil?
Do the boost pipes first :) As it will effect your boost reading.
If you could have the SC comp housing cut and welded then you would have an awesome boost pipe length from SC to FMIC :D