Whats involed in fitting an intercooler???

DarrenGT

Member +
Alri people whats involed in doing a japspeed front mount on an ep82 91 with no A/C???

Last edited:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
rocket science..... :haha:

only jk mate, just a couple of hours and a little patience will get ur intercooler installed, provided its tailored for the ep82/91..

kon

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
if it the same kit i fitted to mine it abit of messin just workin out where each pipe goes but need to see your kit then can tell u if it the same and how to fit it mate mine could of gone in with the a/c still intact but we ripped it out before we realise it

Vglanza

Member +
Trail and error mate, get the pipes and dry fit them as it where and see, it'll test your patience :p

sometimes a pain but as said if its suppose to fit a ep then just spend some time working out where things go and you will be fine

DarrenGT

Member +
its a JAPSPEED front mount.. its on order so cant put pics up...

I be getting it soon so when i do il do a step by step wit pics as best i can and then put them up

DarrenGT

Member +
Thanks that be great.. what do you actually need to take of.. basically the bumper and thats about it???

Is there any modifications needed to do when fitting it (D.I.Y brackets etc etc)????????

Derek

Lifer
Where in kildare are you? ill help throw it in for you. Very handy job annoying thing is trimming the bumper but you have no a/c so ight be easier. Pm me.

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
u dont hav to trim the bumper i didnt its just strected over the front mount sum ppl say to trim the front of the bumper out u dont to fabricvate anythin if it the same kits as wot i hav got just put in it connect the pipes with the rubber hoses and your done wot site did u order it from?

weeJohn

Lifer
Remove the front bumper and grill to give you space to work. Start off by fitting the cooler to throttle body pipes, then the turbo to cooler pipes. Leave the clips slack on the joiners to allow you adjust them as you go along.

Once the pipes are in put the mounting brackets on the cooler, put the cooler in place and get everything sitting sweet, nip up the clips a bit to keep it in place. Then try the bumper back on to make sure it will fit on. If the pipes or cooler sit out to far you can always trim a bit off the pipes to shorten them and help keep everything back a bit, but dont cut off anything unless you are sure, its hard to put back on again! You might need to trim a bit off the back of the mouth of the bumper but worry about that later, as long as its only a cm its ok.

Remove the bumper and mark where the cooler mounting brackets will sit against the lower cross member. Then remove the cooler and attach the brackets to the cross member, 2 pop rivets per bracket is a good job imo. Once thats done, refit the cooler, tighten all the clips and fit the bumper.

Hour and a half, tops lol.

Derek

Lifer
Or you could get them to throw it in for you or are they looking for mad money. If not im in celbridge.

DarrenGT

Member +
Ah no way lads i fit everything myself... I was just curious to know if there was any custom brackets needed fitting or anything like that
Did it make much of a difference when it was fitd?? performance,acceleration etc????

Last edited:

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
you get a bit of lag coz there is too much pipe u will notice the pipes go from turbo over manifold towards passenger side of car down then back towards drivers side then through the front mount and up to the inlet mani