wilwood 3g brake kit

Julian-ep91

Member +
as above bought these off olly and fitted drove it today and noticed on right lock when moving i was getting a grinding noise from the front left. took it home and found that that the lower ball joint has scored the disc.

has any one else had the same problem or can advise on this?

heres a pic
DSC00562.jpg

abbott

Member +
wilwood 3g brakes problems

**********THIS IS MY POST NOT JULIAN-EP91********************

as above bought these off olly and fitted drove it today and noticed on right lock when moving i was getting a grinding noise from the front left. took it home and found that that the lower ball joint has scored the disc.

has any one else had the same problem or can advise on this?

heres a pic
DSC00562.jpg

Last edited:

pkn

Member +
check your left wheel bearing for wear,if its worn it will allow the disc to move under load

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
i had the same problem, bought a brand new wheel bearing, new wishbone and new bushings and it was still the same.
how can you solve it? grind the wheel bearing.

abbott

Member +
i had the same problem, bought a brand new wheel bearing, new wishbone and new bushings and it was still the same.
how can you solve it? grind the wheel bearing.

do you mean the bull joint not the bearing cos thats within the hub?
did you speak to dave on it when you bought yours?

Rory

Lifer
Check all suspension bolts, this could cause play in the hub.
How new are the balljoints?

To mask the problem just now, grind a bit of the balljoint body away.
I dont usually tell peoplw how to mask things, but it gets you going, if you need the car.

abbott

Member +
Check all suspension bolts, this could cause play in the hub.
How new are the balljoints?

To mask the problem just now, grind a bit of the balljoint body away.
I dont usually tell peoplw how to mask things, but it gets you going, if you need the car.

ive never changed them but i would of thought they have been on the car for years

Rory

Lifer
Try changing them.
There cheap enough and easy to replace.
Have a look at your wishbone bushes to see if they have corroded, could be causing big flex.

abbott

Member +
Try changing them.
There cheap enough and easy to replace.
Have a look at your wishbone bushes to see if they have corroded, could be causing big flex.

ok matey thanks for that. gaz turbo and azeb are poping up to take a look in a mo

dac69er

Super Moderator
are they? never looked closely but they look like they are the same both sides?

something to keep in mind though

abbott

Member +
thanks to gaz and aze poping up tonight its all fixed and back on the road cheers guys and cheers for people for there help