Would love my V to sound like this!! But How??

iamlegend

Member +
thats socks V on UKSC very nice indeed!
its a HKS SSQV as well for the bov
very rare sound! best exhaust for the starlet it is a rare fugibutsoo power getter system i was VERY lucky to get mine. when got it imported from japan was already on :rockon:
(not just saying it becouse i have got it now,had blitz,5zigen etc...)

very rare sound! best exhaust for the starlet it is a rare fugibutsoo power getter system i was VERY lucky to get mine. when got it imported from japan was already on :rockon:

Savage fujitsubo FTMFW ive the fujitsubo powergetter too jasma stamp 001, some job absolutely love it too bits wouldnt part with it fr any other exhaust

and that sounds savage!

Dan507

Member +
I think its the R2D2 Bov or what ever its called, Matt was running a Blitz ECU which was slightly causing it to over fuel making it spit flames.

Glanza D

Member +
Didnt he also have a JDM ECU aswell ? Blitz IIRC which also overfuel and put lots of timing in which is what causes said flames and pops :)

kellygt

Member +
Straight through exhaust system (mani, decat) and a rich map on uprated ecu will give you flame outs on lift off my mates 200sx does this all the time its runnin a stainless mani and turbo elbow and cat back Blitz nur spec some bang off it on lift off

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.

thats not an SSQV for sure...

sound more like an r2d2.

the chatter is caused when you have a little boost going in that its not enough to open the dump valve... and FMIC would help with this as it will have a larger volume of air stored that has to go back out of the turbo instead of the dumpvalve.

as for flames.. lol. overfueling and a decat

edit**

seen the desc on the vid

98 Glanza V
Fujitsubo Power Getter Exhaust System
Blitz Decat Pipe
Dave Burwash Manifold
HDI Front Mount Intercooler
Toy Tuning Filter Relocation Kit
HKS Actuator @ 1.0Bar
TD Fuel Pump Kit
Blitz Access ECU
SARD Blow Off Valve

---

dumpvalve is an r2d2, fmic is very large.. explains the chatter down low. and overfueling for sure lol.. uprated fuelpump + Blitz ecu.. that explains the flames

Last edited:

TurboDave

Member +
Look who it is;

""""cossiecal
1 month ago

@TheVtieg6 out of all the starlets ive setup on hybrid and ct9, 1 bar on a standard ct9 to 3.1 bar fuel pressure and timing at 0, they dont flame! and thats a 11 afr through out rev range!! this must either be running shit or really rich top end, or map sensor issues like i once had"""""

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
If that is Socks car he bought an hks ssqv off me, doesn't sound like he's got it fitted in that vid though. Last time I saw his car he had a flame kit fitted. It is a really nice car though, pulls really well, he took me for a spin in it when he was still on a ct9 and it blew my mind. It's at race tec at the minute having some work done, he's after 300 horses.

iamlegend

Member +
If that is Socks car he bought an hks ssqv off me, doesn't sound like he's got it fitted in that vid though. Last time I saw his car he had a flame kit fitted. It is a really nice car though, pulls really well, he took me for a spin in it when he was still on a ct9 and it blew my mind. It's at race tec at the minute having some work done, he's after 300 horses.

oh yea my bad chaps its not a hks! i have a hks on mine and it does sound different DOH LOL:rolleyes:

flamer kit???? you for real? am sure he did not like....