1 bar on stock manifold?

Ady

Member +
is it safe to run 1 bar on a stock manifold?

im asking because i have everything necessary to do so, apart from an uprated manifold.
my mate used to have a starlet, he ran 15psi with a stock manifold and surprise surprise, piston number 3 cracked!

sx_turbo

Lifer
apparently its not advisable, except the only problem is, is the fact that there isnt any uprated manifolds worth upgrading to for the ct9.

speedvision has got some mild steel manifolds under development, so its just a case of waiting i'm afraid.

stay away from stainless mani's sold they WILL crack within afew months.

just dont boot it to often and piston 3 should be ok for a little while. i'm in the same boat as you matey unfortunately.

C

CaL

road runner manifolds are good....you can run 1 bar on those....have better gains too

Ady

Member +
but i am so impatient! im tempted to get a stainless one for now, just because they are fairly cheap and available.
i really want a jam manifold but cant get hold of one :(

squeekyduck

Member +
but i am so impatient! im tempted to get a stainless one for now, just because they are fairly cheap and available.
i really want a jam manifold but cant get hold of one :(

doesnt the jam one still have a slight restriction in the 3rd too???

Adam_Glanza

Member +
no the jam one doesnt have the restriction, its basically a bigger bored manifold that looks just like the original but without the restriction and bigger runners

C

CaL

well the stainless ones crack...jam mainfolds are good....mantanajr suck dick....no i havent had one but ive been here longer than you and pay more attention....imo i would save up and get a rr ....up to you though mate

Ady

Member +
the jam manifold has larger than stock runners, but no quite as wide as those on stainless or mild steel tubular manifolds.

ChrisGT

Member +
well the stainless ones crack...jam mainfolds are good....mantanajr suck dick....no i havent had one but ive been here longer than you and pay more attention....imo i would save up and get a rr ....up to you though mate

Oh ok, been here longer and everyone just adores you! Oh and atleast I can drive ;)

Ryno

Member +
no offence...but Cal, how the fuck do you know whats good or not when you can't even drive?

if people can't find what they want by looking on the search function, they post a question and hope for it to be answered by someone that knows about the subject, they don't post wanting views of what some 16yr olds read on the internet!

STOP GIVING ADVICE ON WHAT YOU'VE READ ON THE INTERNET.

ChrisGT

Member +
My exact thoughts - Don't give advice on things that you have 0 experience with, its pointless and you'll probably end up giving the wrong advice/incorrect information...

Just because you read it on some forum doesn't mean its correct, personal experience counts matey.

C

CaL

i have no comment on this apparentlly...even though ive been told by many many people road runner are the best for £££ and these people do OWN rr manifolds....so i shoudl be able to comment....ok i havent got one....but people who have them have told me they are the best for £....

Adam_Glanza

Member +
road runner manifolds have been discontinued neway you will be lucky to find one.. i believe the guy had about 2 left and that was a month ago so i dont really no what youll be able 2 find. ask wepr about one they make some pretty nice manis

Ryno

Member +
yeah, sorry to hijack your thread bud!

it's just little scrots giving advice on subjects they have no personal experiance on is going to end in someone getting the wrong advice and being left out of pocket when they the pop their engine!

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
People a person is asking for advice not a front row seat to a fight, Keep it on topic

As for your Question, i wouldn't recoment running 1 bar on a stock manifold too much heat retined by the block and too much exhaust trying to get through a hole it wasn't designed to go through, As for the stainless manifold they are pron to cracking Mine has cracked after 3 or 4 months but it did it's job when i wante it to, JAM manifolds don't remove the restricton in the third runner compleatly it only ups the tollerences,

your best bet would be to get one of the NEW WEPR Evo maniflods, But there are alot of other bits to get them running on a CT( like New Oil lines, Water lines and possibally a radiator), Other than that you could wait for Speedvision to get the mild steel ones in or Get one made up by your local Exhaust shop ( But that would Cost Mucho Denerio)

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Il just add my 2p :). I ahve a RoadRunner Manifold and running Blitz K24 off it they are very strong manifolds and to date i have never heard any anyone complain about them. They are imo the best CT9 manifolds you can get at the moment. When you hold a RR manifold you can feel the quality and you know that its a quality bit of kit that wont crack. I hope this helps :)