Apologies for my last thread - re: ST vs GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumel786

Member +
my very first thread i posted on here got moved straight to the muppet section lol!!!!!

We've all been there one day :)

nexia201

Member +
don't worry about it chief :) what's the point of a fast car if you don't use it, just there's a time and a place ;)

Yeah and im sure everyone use it in the right place :p I dont think this would be stopping street racing its just dont let us know the stories:mad: Cant there be a section thats not public that people can put these storie in????

Cant there be a section thats not public that people can put these storie in????[/QUOTE]

x2:drive:

i know its the rules just think its stupid as thats half the fun listening to storys of what peoples bet:)

any1 else agree?:drive:

GT_Irl

Member +
x2:drive:

i know its the rules just think its stupid as thats half the fun listening to storys of what peoples bet:)

any1 else agree?:drive:
no. Street racing is both illegal and dangerous. Tgtt cannot be seen to encourage it as it will more than likely attact the wrong kind of people to the website and there could be legal implications. Alot of the people on here (me included) do not care what there car can 'beat'..thats really just childish. Save it for the strip or the track where theres no danger of taking out some poor family on holiday or something

D1v

Member +
erm whats so good about hearing about street races, its just stupid and would be even stupider making a section for it.

Jay

Admin
We originally did have a Streetracing section. Anyone who remembers it can remember the legendary content..

I feel the site has grown past that and it's a road we are not taking.

Hope everyone can appreciate that decision.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
We originally did have a Streetracing section. Anyone who remembers it can remember the legendary content..

yes the site has grown up a lot and is defo on the more mature side of the spectrum, i can name numerous sites that have been forced to close because of illegal activities and another few that are on the brink of it at the moment.

the harsh line we take on this it totally justified in my mind as we do not want to be seen as a " Boy Racers " site, we like to be thought of as an enthusiasts site and like to be seen to have a pro-active image in the public eye. it'd be a lot nicer for the Gardai/Police to look at a car with a toyotagtturbo.com sticker on the side and say there is no need to stop him that club is known to be grown up and responsible rather than look at them and say i heard stories about them lads better stop him just for the sake of it.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
i get ya guys:)

every1 on here must have track cars sorry:p

wish i was around for the streetracing section:(

No not everyone has track cars, but i'm sure everyone has parents, brothers, sisters, partners and/or kids they would like to go home to........................

yes the site has grown up a lot and is defo on the more mature side of the spectrum, i can name numerous sites that have been forced to close because of illegal activities and another few that are on the brink of it at the moment.

the harsh line we take on this it totally justified in my mind as we do not want to be seen as a " Boy Racers " site, we like to be thought of as an enthusiasts site and like to be seen to have a pro-active image in the public eye. it'd be a lot nicer for the Gardai/Police to look at a car with a toyotagtturbo.com sticker on the side and say there is no need to stop him that club is known to be grown up and responsible rather than look at them and say i heard stories about them lads better stop him just for the sake of it.

yeah i understand guys you have perfectly good reasons and id be lost without this site ive learned so much abot my car since i joined in march i didnt even know what a electronic boost controller was:haha: now im doin my ct9 1 bar build! thanks guys for this great website:kiss:te

nexia201

Member +
i get ya guys:)

every1 on here must have track cars sorry:p

wish i was around for the streetracing section:(

thats the problem we have track cars but we dont have any tracks ! so i dont justify street racing but what would you do if you live on a shitty island and dont even have a track??? I see only one solution ,now
:slap:me if you want but thats reality over here :mad:

nexia201

Member +

And you dont have to name it the 'streetracing section' you can always name it 'play time' :p

Status
Not open for further replies.