Big Turbos

cole

Member +
what turbos support over 300 bhp on a 4e ?

and what rpm do they come in at

i no the k series are very laggy

what about stuff like the gt28r ?

tdo5 etc ?

also theres loads of different types of each turbo like the td05 you get 14 g 18 g etc ...

do you get different versions of the gt28r

also what cars do these turbos come off ?

Jay

Admin
Head into the Rolling Road section and read like mad mate. There's a ton of old info just sitting there that this thread will miss. ;)

Jay

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
From what ive seen and been in the turbonetics gtk350

I think the gt28rS is the ballbearing version aswell and should see good figures

ramses974

Member +
i was with garet t3/t4 with my old set up...

P1030323-1.jpg

mcleod

Member +
dane uses/used a greddy td05 14b which supports 300bhp check his dyno printout in his for sale thread for it and the greddy ones are supposed to spool quicker than a normal td05

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Just done a quick tour of some graphs for you mate.

Abbots Setup: HKS GT25/30 roller bearing turbo

291bhp.jpg

My Setup currently: TD05-14G

IMG_2291.jpg

Rick TC Trading old Glanza: TD06 i believe..

RickRun2.jpg

Gee: TD04L

img007600x454.jpg

5E Starlet: AzE B Hybird td05/gt34 comp wheel

DSC02612.jpg

Dantheman got 320hp @ 1.55 bar on his GT2871R turbo but have no dyno graphs for this so cant add it up.

Last edited:

weakboy2

Member +
well if the original "suited for a 2ltr engine" TD04 works, i'm sure a hybrid will!

if not i'll sell it on scoobynet... lol :(

cole

Member +
thanks people especially dane for going to all that trouble

i was wanting to sell it and turbo a dc5 but its gonna cost a fortune

mind u so will this lol

will my emenage blue be ok for so much power ?

also what boost can you run on a forged engine without it lifting the head studs or sumat i think ive read that somewere

Dane_Bristol

Member +
that turbo looks huge !

I am experimenting with a new turbo now it is rated at 475hp but has been custom built for me. I should have graphs etc in January some time. Hoping it will produce some big power. With custom Compressor & exhaust Housings this turbo should spool very similar to my TD05 14G but cannot confirm until such time i have the graphs and have experimented. I would like to think however that 350hp is achievable with this new turbo kit i will be developing.

Will be supplying them as a full turbo kit which will be available from my store, but the whole kit wont be cheap but it certainly will hopefully give huge gains with the correct supporting mods.