cars just finished tuning, pleased and dissapointed

sx_turbo

Lifer
just had a call to tell me the power and that its done,

i dont know what torque it made, so after water pipes splitting and other issues

it made 256@1.2bar, he didnt want to put the boost any higher because he said the turbo was losing efficiency at higher boost.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Nice :cool:

so you wont be running 1.6bar ricky?

Bloody leaks on your car ey! Did they sort the leak out then?

Guess your out at the weekend now for a drive ? :D

:drive:

sx_turbo

Lifer
yeah they sorted todays leak out, it was just the metal pipe at the back of the engine.

it doesnt seem i'll be running 1.6bar, it's not even running 1.4 bar, i'm very dissapointed with sacha's hybrid if i'm honest with you

Blak_Mamber

Member +
hybrid tdo4 from sacha,

and the engine is forged.

i'm just dissappointed because i have spent so much money, and so much time, and so much research.

it's just a bit deflating

I can totally understand how you feel mate. I would be feeling the same as you for sure.

(so your up for a drive then yeah?? ) :)

Phil

Super Moderator
if the turbo makes 256@1.2bar thats indentical to waht spuddy made ona stock td04@1.35bar

that plus another tuner prepared to run the higher boost levels on his dyno and your sorted.

plenty of people get worried about the engine being a 1.3 and putting out 250hp+ ¬!

take it to another tuner, or tell this guy you want to see what it ill make @1.5bar. make sure its not detn and keep the timing modest, you should be ok, its a good first figure(first real figure)

Phil

steveatyork

Member +
should make another topic what people are making with the tdo4 turbo's maybe get people to post the graphs up. and what boost there running. i know on mine at high boost 1.4/1.5bar i do get turbo surge. nothing to serious. but if i was running 1 of wepr's im sure it would cure it. ive raced plenty of cars on private road on low boost (1.2bar) and beaten them easily. so i woudnt be to dissapointed with the figure u got

GTti

Member +
Ricky you have to remember that IHI turbos are one of the most reliable at higher pressures. The TD04 seems very well matched for unlocking power higher up in the range, I'm supprised you thought you could vastly improve upon it even with a hybrid?

Post up a graph of your results, this game isn't just about peak power, it's about where that power comes available, where the torque lies, how that power is sustained, the area under the entire curve.

It actually makes my blood BOIL when people throw around a single peak figure. From my perspective anyway, knowing how irrelevant that figure actually is in the real world performance.

Regardless of all of this, how can anyone possibly be dissapointed with 256BHP from a 1.3litre engine?

Perhaps you own the wrong car...

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
not A bad result at all buddy, seems strange why it was out of puff at only 1.2 bar, what power it make at 1 bar?, what intercooler have you got on it?