Cusco lower arm bars

dac69er

Super Moderator
cusco lower arm bar clearance?

has anyone got a picture of one of these fitted so i can see the ground clearance please? also can you give me some measurements from somewhere fixed on the car so i can gauge how low to the ground it will sit on my actual car as it stands now?

cheers y'all :)

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I'll put up a picture of mine when I get home, but just as to give you an idea I can't even drive over an apple without the lower arm bar hitting it.:homer:

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
your car must be super low then Wallace !:p
mine did not fit on the 91 cos of way my exhaust sits :( i really wanted to fit one of these as it does improve handling considerably!

Cooch

Member +
Here ya go Dunc

P1010009.jpg

P1010008.jpg

Ignore the exhasut as it was a shitty custom made one.

Can see it in this pic too.

DSC00071.jpg

Jay

Admin
Tis rather low depending on the ride height of the car. Gerard's only lasted for a few days after this pic.

Attachments

• Brake pads and discs1371.jpg
    Brake pads and discs1371.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 38

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
That's why i can't fit oneon my car two damb low, Wonder if you could make a custom one?

Jay

Admin
In comparison I have one fitted to the track car and the coilovers offered adjustable ride height. This means it's actually usable (see clearance in pic).

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 32

ragz

Member +
i defo wont be getting one ov those it woulds last a day with my ride height and the ammount ov speed bumps

WallaceGlanza

Member +
i defo wont be getting one ov those it woulds last a day with my ride height and the ammount ov speed bumps

Its fine over speed bumps, because its directly between the wheels.

I've only scraped the bar a couple of times on really bad roads. (And lots f rabbits, apples burger boxes and anything else lying about the road which I can sweep up!)

sx_turbo

Lifer
just fitted mine and it doesnt seem to bad, the brace is touching my 5zigen zorst, and doesnt seem to low to me.

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

Cooch

Member +
That will rattle like mine did :( i wrapped it in fireproof blanket though ;). You've the 304 havent ya Ricky?

sx_turbo

Lifer
yep, i have to nick i fire broof blanket from work then. my car is a nightmare, nothing ever straight forward with it.:flame:

monka

Member +
mine was bloody close to the exhaust when i had it, lol. didnt have any problem ground clearance wise on normal speed bumps.
that was until i had to go sideways off a kerb, and bent the bar. vibrated like mad so took it off and dumped it in the bin. lol

sx_turbo

Lifer
i'm so happy (sort of:flame:) although my lower arm brace is pushed up against my exhaust, it dont rattle, i think thats the only good news about my car recently lol.