Dave's Big Brake Kit Vs Mr Chu's AP Racing Brake Kit

D3N0

Member +
in 3 weeks time i will be purchasing on of the two brake kits available for the starlet. but as there are two differant brand kits available, i wanted know what people thought of each one. both have same 4pot calipers, but which one would you go for. also if the price didnt matter as its only about £100 seperating the too in price. thoughts and replys apreciated.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Well personally mate i own one of Daves 3G setups and it is brilliant, honestly cant fault it at all. His kit fitted first time no problems and came in a perfect little kit and fitted so easily.

ADVANTAGE:

Dave is based in the UK and is able to quickly solve issues regarding any problems that might occur.

It is one of the main reasons i bought it and also because Mr Chu was not on the site at the time.

That is my personal opinion :), AP are a better and more well known brand, but i can only talk from my own experience.

Image to feast on:

IMG_1301.jpg

Last edited:

Damage

Member +
AP always !!! Especially after using 3G (the normal discs though). 3G for me are like D2s the cheap alternative ...

PS My 3G discs didnt even last 4 months since I put them on...

D3N0

Member +
^^^
i can understand your point, which is a good one at that. daves local, and great block that delievers 110% in his products in all areas.

but because its the kit that everyone went and got with the group buy. i thought if i pay the extra £100, id have an even more exclusive kit with also ap racing stickers to go on the car. also it was manufactured in japland, and it would be more JDM than the WILWOOD ones.

Opinions anyone???

Damage

Member +
TBH thats not a good line of thinking mate ... check the history AP have when it comes to brakes and check the history 3G has. AP is a big ass name like BREMBO

AP wins all the time when compared to 3G definetly !!!!

D3N0

Member +
TBH thats not a good line of thinking mate ... check the history AP have when it comes to brakes and check the history 3G has. AP is a big ass name like BREMBO

AP wins all the time when compared to 3G definetly !!!!

Yea well that too i have thought about the quality of the discs. i remember you wanted to get a pair also, but Mr Chu would lower the price abit.

i wish he had put a pic up on the thread to see wat it would look like on a starlet. would look super kool

Damage

Member +
Will post it for you cause McChu had sent me a pic of them on a glanza. They look AWESOME !!!

carlos_ep91

Member +
id go with dave if i was you mate!!! as the othas have said he based in the u.k which is better for you if you did have any trouble!!!

D3N0

Member +
id go with dave if i was you mate!!! as the othas have said he based in the u.k which is better for you if you did have any trouble!!!

but if i did have a problem with the kit, which is most unlike from such a quality brand. any problem with the kit could be aproached in the same way as with any other big brake kit.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
AP always !!! Especially after using 3G (the normal discs though). 3G for me are like D2s the cheap alternative ...

PS My 3G discs didnt even last 4 months since I put them on...
Same for me, ive got 3g discs on and there rubish, about 5months old and they have cracked up! shocking.

D3N0

Member +
AaronW - Thanks, same thing um thinking. well unique, and no one else on here as i know of will have them.

thanks for opinions so far. but these are the questions and answers and compremises that keep circuling my head. and id like tyo be able to make a decision.

does anyone with daves wilwood kit have a problem with them yet. its been a couple of months on some peoples cars. what do you think of them.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
AaronW - Thanks, same thing um thinking. well unique, and no one else on here as i know of will have them.

thanks for opinions so far. but these are the questions and answers and compremises that keep circuling my head. and id like tyo be able to make a decision.

does anyone with daves wilwood kit have a problem with them yet. its been a couple of months on some peoples cars. what do you think of them.

They are fine mate work perfect very strong braking power and do the job fine. I have had no problems with the disks they are still in mint condition.

Gee

Member +
Forget JDMness, go for a brand well established in the brake industry.

UK backup is good yes, but hopefully you wont need it anyway. Ask Mc_Chu about after care/warranty etc and see what he says or ask Dave if he can source them?

In regards to the 3G discs, 1 trackday, everyday use and few QTR mile days and mine are fine.

mcleod

Member +
ive had no problems with the brake kit i purchased off dave there very good quality. and if you dont like 3g discs theres another trader from the us who has a full wilwood kit for less than both of these kits.

D3N0

Member +
You just fitted them less than a month ago though :p :p

Here is a pic of the AP SEXXXX

DSC04991.jpg

i thought id make this thread to convince me to get daves Wilwood kit, but this pic has jus swayed my mind back to the AP Racing.

if dave can source these il get them of him.