Fake Exedy Clutches...beware

speedvision

Member +
Hello everyone. recently i have seen some exedy clutches advertised on ebay and when i enquired they say it was stage 2 ..the price caught my eyes from zenaracing which had them listed at 360 usds.....i asked them where they got this and if it were chinese made or from japan...they assured me it was 100% real and from japan...they said that autobahn in china imported these from japan and it was authentic....SO I asked to be put onto autobahn in china for more information as buying these direct from the source would be cheaper once it was real....i asked for a pic and they sent me a general stage 2 pic which was a good pic as it looked like the stage 2 one.. so i then asked for a ep91 pic to make sure it was the same thing ...

when i compared the pressure plate it is stock as a bone as the sprangs are far apart just as stock...an uprated plate would have the sprangs close together as experienced people would know...the disc itself looks genuine but i cannot confirm becuz i see no stamp on it...this is for everyone who is thinking of buying from them please dont as u will not get authentic products..
if the mods feel they should move this to the sales feedback forum then please do..

here are some pics so u can see the pressure plate for ur self..

IMG_8360.jpg

IMG_8361.jpg

below is what a stage 2 pressure plate should look like

exedy-stage2-thick.jpg

let me know ur thoughts..

sam

Last edited:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
i can confirm they dont sam..

the stage one use a 550lb/ft pressure plate, the stage 2 is the one used in the pedal kit.. ie 750lb/ft :)

kon

Nwimie

Member +
these have been around for a while these copies personally wouldnt touch one always buy from a trusted seller.

sx_turbo

Lifer
my clutch looks identical to that, and mine is genuine, i know because it's sitting next to me, and i use the same supplier as dave burwash ;)

exedy clutches dont come with the clutch alignment tools

Last edited:

speedvision

Member +
my clutch looks identical to that, and mine is genuine, i know because it's sitting next to me, and i use the same supplier as dave burwash ;)

exedy clutches dont come with the clutch alignment tools

reason i am worried is becuz the sprangs are not close as supposed to be for a stage 2 so the clamping power wont be there...but u said urs is identical..now that leave me to wonder

sam

sx_turbo

Lifer
reason i am worried is becuz the sprangs are not close as supposed to be for a stage 2 so the clamping power wont be there...but u said urs is identical..now that leave me to wonder

sam

i am unsure if there are 2 types for the starlet because i was told that the paddle clutch uses the same pressure plate as the organic

Spoonz

Member +
i nearly brought one of these i email'd the seller on ebay but i dint like my response to much lol neber really gave me the info i asked

silverGtstu.

Member +
My Experience!

well i just bought an exedy organic clutch kit 40% uprated, got it in 3days and fitted it the pedal is really light, feels stock and am running 200hp, it slipped a bit on the first day and is now ok, i contacted the ebay seller, he claimes its the right clutch and is gonna send me another unit for exchange ,anyone else confirm the pressure plate being really shiny almost polished/chrome effect, he said their all like this? and that my new clutch will be in a pink box unlike my first one i recieved in a white box, feel like av been done over?