Help with bumper after fitting fmic!

lingl9z

Member +
Okay well basicly i fitted an FMIC and obviously had to cut the bumper, unfortunatly i had to butcher it so much so that the passenger side piping could fit, but for some reason its still sticking out too much pushing the bumper up, any idea how to rectify this problem? i'll more than likely use this bumper as a template to fibre glass a new bottom panel etc then mesh it.
Cheers

snc00051ax9.jpg

snc00052ni7.jpg

snc00053ry6.jpg

snc00054gb2.jpg

snc00055pz5.jpg

Also would it do the same on a later bumper, mk2 or 3? as this was a mk1 bumper which just wouldnt have it! i've tried moving the whole kit back but its as far back as it'll go so im kinda stuck!

lingl9z

Member +
Yeah its the HDI kit, most people have fitted this without problems im just a spack and screwed it up!

dac69er

Super Moderator
from the looks of it a mk2/3 bumper has more room and should fit better than a mk1 bumper.

a bit off topic mate, but do you have a pic of the pipe that comes off the turbo and curves over and down? i have one but found it rubs in a few places and want to know if im being retarded or if they are all like it ;)

lingl9z

Member +
from the looks of it a mk2/3 bumper has more room and should fit better than a mk1 bumper.

a bit off topic mate, but do you have a pic of the pipe that comes off the turbo and curves over and down? i have one but found it rubs in a few places and want to know if im being retarded or if they are all like it ;)

Cheers mate, figure i'll try patch this bumper up for mot as i doubt it'll pass like this and then buy a mk2/3 bumper!

i'll get you a pic in like 2mins!, although that pipe was a right pain to fit on mine also rubbed on the powersteering banjo even after it was bent and some clamp lower down! i'll post pic in 5mins mate!

dac69er

Super Moderator
yup, looks tehe same as mine. just touches the black power settering pipe and also looks like itll touch the wiring like on mine.

im getting it rewelded and altered slightly so it doesnt touch anything ;)

lingl9z

Member +
yup, looks tehe same as mine. just touches the black power settering pipe and also looks like itll touch the wiring like on mine.

im getting it rewelded and altered slightly so it doesnt touch anything ;)

hehe kool, so do you have this kit on an EP82? and how much bumper cutting did you need to do?

dac69er

Super Moderator
i only have the outlet pipe mate. mine is a full custom jobbie (apart from the hdi outlet pipe obviously). im planning on making mine so i have to do 0 cutting and a maximum of 2 drilled holes in the car to hold the core ;)

lingl9z

Member +
i only have the outlet pipe mate. mine is a full custom jobbie (apart from the hdi outlet pipe obviously). im planning on making mine so i have to do 0 cutting and a maximum of 2 drilled holes in the car to hold the core ;)

Hehe fair play to you mate, good luck with that :) be good to see pics of the finished article when its completed :)

sx_turbo

Lifer
the hdi fmic core is just waayyyy to thick, there is no reason for it to be so thick.

hdi really need to look into this.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Yeah they are a bit thick admittedly BUT mine fitted fine behind my bumper, must must remember these kits where designed for the Glanza so the bumper from your MK1 is not really suited and may need a bit of careful cutting instead of going a bit mental with the cutting tool lol :)

sx_turbo

Lifer
Yeah they are a bit thick admittedly BUT mine fitted fine behind my bumper, must must remember these kits where designed for the Glanza so the bumper from your MK1 is not really suited and may need a bit of careful cutting instead of going a bit mental with the cutting tool lol :)

it's very tight.

and you cant blame the poor sod, seeing as you sell them for the gt aswell.

granted there not designed for a gt,

also you can see there was no other way of him fitting his bumper over that without doing what he has done.

the mk1 bumper is very very different to the mk2/3

lingl9z

Member +

lol i know but if you check the picture you'll see at the bottom left, the pipe is pushing the bumper upwards so middle part had to be cut so it could 'lift up' allowing it to go on!, Is there anyway of rectfying this or would it be the case of a MK2/3 Bumper fitting on?

sx_turbo

Lifer
lol i know but if you check the picture you'll see at the bottom left, the pipe is pushing the bumper upwards so middle part had to be cut so it could 'lift up' allowing it to go on!, Is there anyway of rectfying this or would it be the case of a MK2/3 Bumper fitting on?

put the mk2/3 bumper on mate.

u should have gone for blitz/autobahn or wepr, seeing as your fitting it to a gt.

monka

Member +
you just screwed a mk1 bumper to do that??////

nooooooooooooooooooooo

could have had my mk2 and some money instead of doing that

lingl9z

Member +
you just screwed a mk1 bumper to do that??////

nooooooooooooooooooooo

could have had my mk2 and some money instead of doing that

lol i know! big mistake well it was dark and i needed car for a drive in the morning so had to cut it to peices, wish i never now :(