hows this for luck.............

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Well ive recently had a "tad" bad luck, if you can even call it that.......

Here goes........

Ive been driving now for nearly 5 years and in those 5 years i have only ever received 3 points for going through a red light(this was 2 years ago now) and bearing in mind i drive a hell of a lot day in day out due to my job being an electrician...... So anyway...................

It all started last month when i was up at lakeside and got caught speeding in the little GT, fair doooz, received 3 points..... Ok, then 3 weeks ago i got pulled over as a police "thought" i was undertaking when in actual fact i moved to the left lane(someone in the right lane at this point) and i hadnt overtaken at all, i said this and he said fair enough so checked my tires and spotted i had a bald tire.... Great, i hadn't a clue there was a bald tire as its my work van and its not something i really check as its also used by others occasionally... But "apparently" this is up to the driver to check these things regardless of whose the owner of the vehicle.... Fucking perfect, so he gives me another 3 points... Im, up to 9 points at this stage in a matter of 1 month......

Now, only yesterday (2 weeks later) on a quiet Sunday afternoon in my work van again, im coming back from taking my girlfriend home and hit this 3 lane dual carriage way up by where i live, its a 30 zone but its long enough and safe enough to do alot faster,(trust me) anyway i briskly do 50MPH with practically no cars around me just to get in the left lane and slow back down to 30MPH but just after noticed Traffic coppers on the side, thought nothing of it as i felt as though i did F all wrong, go past at 30mph and he pulls up behind and pulls me over....

Gets out and shows me he caught me on the speed gun doing exactly 50MPH from 490 yards away!!!!?? So the fucker gives me another 3 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im explaining the situation to him and he wouldn't let it go as thats what his purpose was, to catch people speeding.....

So in the space of 1 and half months ive received 9 points which bring me up to 12!!!! Im now waiting for everything to go through and get a court summons!

Can you fucking believe it?? nearly 5 years of driving with only 3 points and in just over a month im up to 12??!

Im a full qualified sparks, not really sure what im gona do if i haven't got a license :(

SO the cars gona be off road for a good while until i know whats gona happen to me... And if they do let me off i have to go 3 years trouble free until all the 9 points are clean off my license! and in a 400bhp+ GT thats pretty dam unlikley :( .... Makes me not even want my car on the road now :(

Last edited:
G

gaz_turbo1

LOL, crap dan, keep the bloody right fott of the pedal,
you could always go ahead with the build and let me drive it when you want to go lakeside:p

insurance company gonna love you

GTti

Member +
You clearly need to pay more attention.

Why not buy a work van, you'd save in fuel and resist the temptation to keep speeding.

[edit] Ignore the above, that's unlucky. [/edit]

Did you check the tyre was actually below the limit? It's 1.6 (Or 1.7?) mm of tread in the middle 3/4 of the tyre.

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
You gotta be careful out there bud, they don't hestitate to dish out points these days and it can be for the smallest of things. You are just another statistic in the grand theme of things so it doesn't matter what you drive.

Get legal advice and representation - it might save your license.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Gary, yeah what a plan mate...

Luke, yes, i clearly do. work van? did you not read the post, i already have a work van that what i got 6 of my bloody points in!

Ricky, yeah, your not wrong, But no-one can sit here and say they have never gone 50mph on a big open 3 lane road. I hardly speed as i said ive never had a speeding ticket for nearly 5 years of driving!!!! or run with a bald tire without noticing... Note ive never run bald on my cars, just the van i hadnt noticed as its something that alot of contractors get done for, bald on a work van..... Its easily dismissed....

Dave.

Member +
On the plus side, if you need your license to work, you can appeal that.

I was reading about a guy in the paper with 23 points or something (the Sun, lol) and they couldn't take his license as he'd loose his job, and he had dependants (wife/gf and kids).

So I'd maybe look into that mate.

Dave

davehart

Member +
That is a bit unluckly but the limits are there for a reason so you can't complain if you get caught going over them no matter what the traffic or weather conditions.

Lets just hope the ban or whatever the courts decide does not make you end up losing your job.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
You gotta be careful out there bud, they don't hestitate to dish out points these days and it can be for the smallest of things. You are just another statistic in the grand theme of things so it doesn't matter what you drive.

Get legal advice and representation - it might save your license.

I know jay, it seems like they are very HOT nowadays, back then you could drive a little more relaxed....

Think i may get a solicitor to help my case, cheers mate.

Toddi

Member +
Sorry to hear that bud. Police are total pricks.

Boy couldnt get you for undertaking so got you for your tyres.

Just shows the police are trying to get people into trouble and are not trying to help anymore :(

GTti

Member +
Luke, yes, i clearly do. work van? did you not read the post, i already have a work van that what i got 6 of my bloody points in!

I edited before you posted. The way you'd written it made it look like you used the Starlet as your 'work van'' for a minute.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
On the plus side, if you need your license to work, you can appeal that.

I was reading about a guy in the paper with 23 points or something (the Sun, lol) and they couldn't take his license as he'd loose his job, and he had dependants (wife/gf and kids).

So I'd maybe look into that mate.

Dave

Ive also heard this dave, I will just get in the court, plead guilty, apologize for my actions and explain the job situation... Thats all i really care about, job, social life i can get buses etc, not all that a problem.

GTti

Member +
Sorry to hear that bud. Police are total pricks.

Boy couldnt get you for undertaking so got you for your tyres.

Just shows the police are trying to get people into trouble and are not trying to help anymore :(

My girlfriend works for the police service, so does my flat mates girlfriend!

Perhaps they're just trying to show him to have a little more care.

Rules have changed for the police, before now they were instructed to relay a fine or points in all cases. Now it's actually down to the officers own discretion if they want to fine the offender.

The only thing that is unfair or a little harsh is regarding the tyre on the company car, but should the officer be lenient because the offender already has 9 points. Certainly not.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
@daveheart, yeah, i mean in the GT i was being stupid when i got caught speeding, fair enough, but in my work van i was far from trying to drive fast, just a big open road and neaded a little speed to get me in the far left lane, wasnt a side raod or of any sort, its like a dual carriage way, very open and wide.....

@Toddi, exactly mate, they just seem to wana catch everyone, they obviously get a buzz from doing this, making other peoples lifes a bit harder.... I would completely understand if i was a little neucense(sp) to society but i was doing my job! :(

@Luke, ahh ok bud, no i hadnt checked this at all, Until he pointed out to me he showed me it was bald, and it was... I pleaded i genuinely didnt realize this and would immediately get a new tire right then and he said NO, 3 points.... No leeway what so ever.....

Dan3SGTE

Member +
The only thing that is unfair or a little harsh is regarding the tyre on the company car, but should the officer be lenient because the offender already has 9 points. Certainly not.

At this point he only new i had the 3 points i received 2 years ago for going through a red light. The tires then brought it up to 9 points as the other ones i got 1 month pre hand hadnt hit the system yet.

GTti

Member +
@Luke, ahh ok bud, no i hadnt checked this at all, Until he pointed out to me he showed me it was bald, and it was... I pleaded i genuinely didnt realize this and would immediately get a new tire right then and he said NO, 3 points.... No leeway what so ever.....

Yep, sounds like you had a cock officer, that's unlucky.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
ive got along with loads of coppers, met some real nice ones, but the past month or so ive met some not so nice ones :(

starbogt

Member +
Was this all in the same area ?. If this is the case it can class as harrassment. This doesn't erase the fact that you broke the limits! after the 1st points I would have been driving like a snail lol!

sx_turbo

Lifer
Gary, yeah what a plan mate...

Ricky, yeah, your not wrong, But no-one can sit here and say they have never gone 50mph on a big open 3 lane road. I hardly speed as i said ive never had a speeding ticket for nearly 5 years of driving!!!! or run with a bald tire without noticing... Note ive never run bald on my cars, just the van i hadnt noticed as its something that alot of contractors get done for, bald on a work van..... Its easily dismissed....

yeah sorry dude work got busy and i never finished what i was writing.

your right no one sticks to the speed limits myself included, you just gotta be sooo careful out there mate.

i been driving without a front number plate for the past couple of weeks, and have passed and been passed by so many traffic officers it's unreal i still havnt been caught.

it's just down to luck at the end of the day i think, and what sort of mood the officer is in.