Im Sick Of Toyotagtturbo.com

Johnny_C

Lifer
Rght,ive been a member of this site for about 5 years now,its helped me out alot along the way,technical problems with my conversion and what have you.
But lately,its really gone to fuck.anytime i log in,its about hondas,dirrerent colored wheels,or really silly newbie questions that would have been answerd if they searched the forum.ive been trough alot with my car,ive helped with the problems of others and the have helped me.im tired of the same shit day in day out.

HONDA
what is it with the honda haters,are some of you jealous you cant keep up with them?
everyday there is a honda thread,normally about civics,what do i need to beat one etc...
another fucking thread,as im fed up with newbie joes posting abt fcd's and turning the boost to 1 bar when it will just go bang thanks to there false and SHITE advise.

**BEFORE YOU POST,LEARN A BIT AND THEN ADVISE**

NEW MEMBERS
theres seems to be alot of new members lately,especially from england,thats fine,always good to see more members joining,but..can some of you please read before answering techincal questions that you dont have a clue about,once fuel cut is mentioned,everyone shouts FCD!

but its about time this site grows up,no more handbagging about hondas,(after all,i like to go after evos,not civics) giving false advise,and generally being dicks,we are ment 2 be a community,and its about time we started acting like one.

Ill continue this in the morning,as ive alot to say and not enough time to type it.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i think the problem is due to the growing popularity of the starlets.
i think ive been in here as long if not a bit linger than you and i can see exactly what you mean.

back in the day 90% of starlet owners were true enthusiasts. the cars were expensive to buy, hard to find and parts were relatively scarce.

now every chav and his mate can get hold of one. its a shame in some respects, but makes running ours a bit cheaper ;)

i dont think there is anything that can be done tbh :(

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I love drunken rants :p

Eagerly awaiting part 2 now :)

I hadn't really thought about it but now you've mentioned it the old FCD 1 bar and how much power threads seem to be constintly posted.

Can't say it annoys me though, I just dont read them, its text on a screen not that important for me to be stressed about it all.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
what about traders deleting posts exactly after you post cos they dont like what you said?

how much power will my car make?? guess guess!

agreed whit all you said... but really no one can do nothing about it...

Johnny_C

Lifer
lol@chrisgt!
my head is busting,part 2 will have to wait till later.
all i can seen being able to be done with certain threads is report them and get them deleted.
sheldon ive seen traders do that before.
and some certain trader prices are fucking extorsion now.

ChrisGT

Member +
Me being serious now; there are quite a lot of "What do I need for 1Bar/What do I set my FCD too/What do I need to be quicker than xyz" which are annoying. Those sort of threads should just be closed, and a PM sent to the topic starter with a link to that FAQ Monkfish was making...

Also, the threads about photoshopping wheel colours aren't that bad...if you don't know how to use Photoshop you might as well post on here for some help.

But yeah, bad advise is definitely the worst thing. As for the Honda vs. Toyota - I find it funny! lol Fair enough it leads to lots of arguing but its all a bit of jest!

whiteglanzav

Member +
i dont see what the problem iz in relation to people wanting to change their wheel colours, i put such a thread up yesterday, you were ranting about this being a comunity, and isnt the purpose of a comunity for people to be able to help eachother? and if some people on here dont have a clue how to do photoshop and others do - why is that such a problem to put a thread up in order to get some help.

whats your problem with that???

fair enough people should use the search bar in order to find answers to previously answered questions. but sometimes its not as easy as that and new people may not know how to use it properly and find it easier to just put up a thread but im sure evry1 on here loves their starlet and just want wot is best for it and easiest way to find answers to their problem is on here.

o and i dont mind hondas, i like all fast cars who cares wot it is as long as it doesnt look like a shit heap and its not owned by a cock

if you dont wanna read the newbie threads dont click on them !

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
Some valid points raised there Johnny, I appreciate your honesty.

Yes the culture is changing. Back in the day we were lucky to have internet access whereas nowadays any muppet can enter. Standards, langauge, sense and reason have all slipped. Guess it just takes old, grumpy fuckers like us to realise it.

Amidst this decline it's hard to keep our eyes on the target. We often get caught up in an argument that means (in the grand scheme of things) fuck all.

One thing I'd urge you to do is look at each thread and decide - Is this worthwhile? If it's just some bullshit of boost verus vtec that no-one will give a shit over after 24 hours then don't post. It's a waste of your time and intellect.

On the topic of somebody asking something that has already been answered, I prefer not to give a blunt "SEARCH FFS!" but instead offer a link to the info with a reminder. This usually means someone will search next time they have a question. If not they should get the idea after about three bumps.

TGTT is here to help. That's the only thing I hold onto nowadays. Seek out the threads that will do this and try to ignore all the other unimportant stuff.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
This site imo has turned into an extremely immature atmosphere(main reason may be due to the influx of new members. There are way too many people that need to grow up. And before "some" think one of them is being me, well your very wrong IMO. I dont want to argue despite the people that think otherwise. I just do alot of talking and am honest and very opinionated. Justifying which leads to me digging myself a hole and makes me sound like a moron. I also bite to completely fucking stupid posts relating to a certain car i own. Not anymore though as im more then up to my head with it.

But generally i dont get involved with alot of subjects like i used to as most comments that are made get questioned sarcastically by certain people instead of a good debate between members sharing the same interest. Its brought forward offensivley when in real they would get a slap for being rude. There is no need for it.

Alot of people may not like what ive written here and its not aimed at anyone in particular but a few people and as a whole.

Im still on this forum so its not a big enough problem to drive me away from the other many very nice helpful people that have taken time to help me through some of my problems which im very thankful for and that is why i stay for the decent ones. Having said that i would love a few things to change such as the word HONDA never to be mentioned as its the biggest fire starter.

This thread is about honesty so i though i would give my input, again not to be offensive but to discuss and may find a solution.

Last edited:

munday

Member +
Is there a swear filter built into the forum that could change HONDA to something else? Oh and vtec too :p

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Is there a swear filter built into the forum that could change HONDA to something else? Oh and vtec too :p

Now that is a :cool: idea :haha:

You now i actually hate the word honda now. I may put a toyota badge on my ek9. Core imagine that................