New Portal Homepage www.toyotagtturbo.com

gv1.3

Admin
Hi all,

as you may have noticed we now have a new portal homepage. This will allow us to add new sections, links, features etc etc and provides a nice landing space for visitors rather than falling straight into the forum which can be intimidating for people that are not used to it.

The portal will be undergoing constant change but the actual look and feel is pretty mush staying as is.

All feedback is welcome,

Dylan

Jay

Admin
Looks promising Dylan, reminds me of the old setup which was sorely missed. About time we had the frontend sorted. Nice work! :cool:

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Looking nice an classy now. However the writing on the tgtt banner is cut off for me? it says the "The home of toyota e".

Is this a new front for some illegal drug running scheme Dylan?!:eek:

gv1.3

Admin
thanks for the feedback guys.

The idea behind this is to have a portal (obviously) which allows easy initial navigation of the site and for us to be more than just a forum. At the heart of the site is our forum obviously but what if I want to quickly land on the front page see the latest posts and if I have any PM's while at the same time checking for any updates, well now you can really easily.

This layout also allows us slot bits in so if we need to advertise a major event etc we can easily do so.

The plan is also to use the main middle space as a place to take people to interesting articles. At the moment its just a nice track pic but we plan on changing that regularly to give the site a fresh image.

Our site gets better when we get more varied tuning opinions and ideas. At the moment we get a lot of visitors to the main forum page but they leave... hopefully a friendlier frontpage will encourage them to stay and join our community :)

Our forum is a great community and I think features like this allow us give a more serious face to the general Internet. The mighty GT is getting stronger than ever.

Tony Harrison

Member +
Feeback.....

Its a little too extended, i.e. It runs off the right hand side of my screen, and have to use to the scroll bar to see it all. I personally find that a bit annoying, i like to see everything un-broken if you get me?

And just noticed a typo, TRULY, not TRUELY.

Other than that, its sweet so far, from what I have had a look at.

It looks more like an actual owners club/forum too.

gv1.3

Admin
haha .. I just do the development... Jay is the man who usually points out my infamous spelly (see what I did there!!) errors :)

Out of interest what screen resolution are you guys using?