TD06 on ep82 ???????

d.j.ryder

Member +
hi all i have just been offerd a td06 hybrid brand new for £430 will it fit ???????? all the help will be repd !

Spoonz

Member +
it will fit with the prpoer mani ect but on a 4e it wouldnt be worth it not to sure if it wud spool.

U want a fully forge 5e and u wud be set for hudge power :)

(Not forgetting Managemnt fueling etc etc)

Spoonz

Member +
IMO no it wont a TD05 spools up at like 5k so a TD06 id going to be a fair bit more u wud need to raise the limiter to above 9k to actually have a powerband. Personally i wud get a TD04 or TD05 Hybird

d.j.ryder

Member +
IMO no it wont a TD05 spools up at like 5k so a TD06 id going to be a fair bit more u wud need to raise the limiter to above 9k to actually have a powerband. Personally i wud get a TD04 or TD05 Hybird

thanks mate info took on board rep points added!!

Dane_Bristol

Member +
IMO no it wont a TD05 spools up at like 5k

Why do people keep on insisting that the TD05 spools up at 5k ????

My Greddy TD05 is spooling up almost identical to the K24/K26 Hybrid i had on before.

At 1.4 bar it was spooling faster than the Hybrid Turbo i had on there before.

Its going to spool even faster again once my engine comes back as the Ported and polished head will help along with the 4.1KG Flywheel that will be on it.

This mis conception of a TD05 being a laggy turbo is crap ! With the correct TD05 such as some of the Greddy Units you can really experience a great response with absolute minimal lagg.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Just saying "TD05" means nothing though, there are more than 30 different trims. One would be a lag monster, the other would be great.. More clarification needed that is why turbos get bad names...

T

Why do people keep on insisting that the TD05 spools up at 5k ????

My Greddy TD05 is spooling up almost identical to the K24/K26 Hybrid i had on before.

At 1.4 bar it was spooling faster than the Hybrid Turbo i had on there before.

Its going to spool even faster again once my engine comes back as the Ported and polished head will help along with the 4.1KG Flywheel that will be on it.

This mis conception of a TD05 being a laggy turbo is crap ! With the correct TD05 such as some of the Greddy Units you can really experience a great response with absolute minimal lagg.

Hi,

Whats the specifications on your Greddy unit may I ask ?

goldenvtr

Member +
when people say td05 i presume there talking the subaru unit, as it td04L, td05H 16g

dane your turbo is much more reponsive than the subaru used td05:D

Jay

Admin
Just saying "TD05" means nothing though, there are more than 30 different trims. One would be a lag monster, the other would be great.. More clarification needed that is why turbos get bad names...

T

Valid point.

A comparison of the compressor maps would reveal more but for that we need more info on what the unit in question is exactly.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
He means it's a bit risky to just buy, you may as well go down the pub and chance your luck in the fruity (not that he meant do that was just a joke) :haha:

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i can give u the outcome already!!

LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG WROOOOOOM TSTSSHSHSHSHSHHSS LIMITER LIMITER WHEELSPIN change gear LAG LAG LAG LAG lol

Dane_Bristol

Member +

T

My point exactly :)

Dan has seen this turbo in action on the rolling road and was producing high power very easy and pretty quickly too.

Turbospool - Its a Greddy TD05 14G it has been ported and polished internally though be Greddy themselves which i suppose makes it a little special.