The most overrated cars of all time?

gv1.3

Admin
Wondered what peoples opinions might be on this. Obviously we will have differences of opinion but will nonetheless be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Most of us love the little EP's because they are so underrated so how about other cars!

So... we often hear stories of this car being legendary and that car being infamous. What do you think is completely overrated? Have you got in a car and drove it and though "thats actually shit compared to the hype I have heard" or have you got up close to what is supposed to be a beautiful car and thought "the paint job and the general shape of that car is ugly".

Share your opinions...

gv1.3

Admin
Kara they are some wild statments... what makes supras, skylines etc overrated? With some mild mods you can have a supra at 450hp mark.

Interesting to get some more replies.

gv1.3

Admin
good call on the GTST skyline... I drove one and have never looked at them in the same way again, it was slowly and felt like sailing a boat.

Galen

Lifer
Honda Civic Type-R

x2

not saying there a bad car or anything (dont want another honda v toyota thing) but here in Ireland Type R's and pretty much all vtecs are seriously hyped up!! all i ever heard was how quick they were and when a friend bought a type r civic I couldnt wait for a spin!
Was very very disappointed!! waiting for something to happen and all there was was a bit of noise!
He asked me how it compared to the Glanza and not wanting to insult his new car I said it was about the same power wise, but it really wasnt!

oh and agree with gtst skylines, felt very slow!

Galen

Lifer
WHAT?! lol you clearly havent been in a k20'd CRX? It was fucking imense, raw na power in such a light and well handling car, is amazing!!

think he means anything with a K20 as standard, have to agree with him! K20's a great engine, when put in a different car ha

sanchez

Member +
think he means anything with a K20 as standard, have to agree with him! K20's a great engine, when put in a different car ha

Ah but thats not what he said lol but yeah i know good engine, slow cars lol

have to agree with teg and civic type rs, massive hype, well over rated, its almost like a fashion accessory!!

Pete EP82

Member +
The Vtec in general is a Fabulous Fabulous piece of engineering!! And once again its a credit to the Japs!

But F*Ck me there comes a point when you just get sick of hering the word VTEC, VTEC, VTEC!

So in a way its not Honda or Vtec i hate, its all the Twats that never shut the Fuck up about them! ha

sx_turbo

Lifer
x3 with the skyline gtst.

mate had one, the ride was very boat like, was as slow as a tug boat, and the driving position was awful the pedals are well offset from the natural seating position so you end up sitting twisted, and there was bugger all feed back through the chassis.

i've not driven a gtr version but i dam hope there a damsite better than the gtst.