1.3 xli with 4efte conversion

efi-t

Fresh Recruit
hey :) , i have recently finished puttin a 4efte engine into a old xli starlet and shes runnin perfect...but what can i do to bring up the performance and safely raise the boost without doing a engine rebuild....?? :confused: all answers will be appreciated

efi-t

Fresh Recruit
oh right thanks.what about a performance manifold and decat? is there much else that can be done without a rebuild?

pig666eon

Member +
1 bar boost is a safe level man on standard internals

a fuel pressure reg, hks actuator set to 1 bar, a fcd and a rolling road session is your cheapest option. a free flowing mani, decat, cat back exhaust and a fmic is also recommended at that boost

anything above that will give you better figures it all depends on what power your looking for

ecus, forged internals, turbo upgrades its all available just how deep are your pockets ha

corofin12345

Member +
ya a good mild steel mani and decat... thats pretty much it man unless you go forged.. other thing to think about is handling.. a good set of coilovers and tyres will improve performance as you'll have more faith in your car under load

efi-t

Fresh Recruit
oh right thanks think i might have all that found.....my car has a standard top mount intercooler with no vent in the bonnet cause im keepin the car lookin like a normal xli.....is it any harm to the engine or perforamnce to drive with no air intake going to the top mount untill i source a front mounth intercooler...??

smythy75

Member +
oh right thanks think i might have all that found.....my car has a standard top mount intercooler with no vent in the bonnet cause im keepin the car lookin like a normal xli.....is it any harm to the engine or perforamnce to drive with no air intake going to the top mount untill i source a front mounth intercooler...??

Yea, get a front mount on asap because no air in through your intercooler will wreck the turbo with heat!