A bit of an EPic adventure

Somhairle

Lifer
:haha:

As the title goes, Jay and myself embarked on a GT retrieval mission in england yesterday.

I was due to fly to Birmingham airport to collect a 'mint' GT, that was at the right money and had good mods.

So Jay picked me up saturday in the 5e and we went off to the airport for the flight to Birmingham. We arrived and about 40 minutes later 3 Guys showed up with the car. So not being the ones to mess about, out came the compression tester while Jay inspected. We could not find any of the mods that we listed, and the car was seriously rough, so after some discussion, we decided to just leave it.

Now the problem was we had the ferry booked for 10:30pm from liverpool to Belfast and had no car, it was off into the airport to get flights. No flights were leaving to Belfast so we were kind of stuck. While scouring the adds for another GT to look at I came across a well presented example with good mods, however it was in Scotland, Glasgow to be exact, So after some more deciding and being really against the clock, off we went to the train station!

2 Tickets to Glasgow please and off we went after speaking to the owner who had very kindly gave up his saturday night to meet 2 Random Irish men in a Car park in Glasgow at 12:30am.

Got to Glasgow after 3 train changes and rang the guy, he was spot on. Came into Glasgow centre to an NCP car park and parked up waiting on us. So after some getting lost in Glasgow we found the NCP and went to have a look.

Instantly I knew it was the car for me, so we set about the checks, all was well, money changed hands and I had the car (the guy even threw in 12 Miller as a sweetner :) ).

Next problem, we had no where to stay and a ferry to catch in liverpool at 10:30am, So after a phone call to a good mate in Greenock, we had somewhere to stay and we set off. Got there around 2pm to be greeted by more drinks, a nice comfy sofa and a huge fucking TV, so we set about drinking, well I did as Jay was doing the driving!

We set off about 4am for Liverpool, beer still in hand and arrived Just in time to catch the 8hour ferry to Belfast!

So we made it, Im back with my new car and couldnt be happier.

The whole day was completely random, we had nothing planned, next thing we are in Glasgow! Was A bloody epic adventure and worth it too I think!

Just like to say a massive thanks to Jay for his time and efforts, and not giving up on the mission at hand! And another thanks to the previous owner (I've forgotten his name, but hes a member here) for being legit, up front and actually describing the car as it was! Top guy to deal with!

Ill get some pics up soon!

I've now got a Mk1 GT in white :drive:

Last edited:

aaronw

Member +
good to hear you got the mint gt you are after,...tho not an advance :p
official welcome back :drive:

bucketep91

Member +
you know i actually saw that white mk1 last ntie around half 6 in glasgow and thought wow thats a minter, i tried to follow but i was in my van and stuck at lights. i said to him i seen him and he told me he sold the car. i was actually trying to catch up to enquire about buying it lol.
his names dave btw.
its a smart little car and u got a bargain m8! get some pics up

Jay

Admin
I'm still awake. Is dizziness an early or late stage of sleep deprevation?

Feels like I'm still on the boat!

malcolmgt

Member +
sounds epic!!! glad you got a good one though after all the hassle.
people wo sell cars not as described are just douches!

jezza

Lifer
I've seen the MK1 in the flesh a couple of times and it is a minter.

Glad it's gone to a good home.

Pity the Glasgow GT count is minus its only MK1 (I think)

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
lol!! seems like ur return to the scene has been epic som lol!!

glad ur back in a gt :D

ps :pics:

kon

Tanz

Lifer
I love wee stories like this and from here on in when someone asks where you got your mk1 out the story will flow.....

The comical thing about this is,,,is that the story be best heard in person by both of ye,, plus can just imagine yer wee faces when ye arrived on first to look at the 'mint' gt ....Disappointment with a tad bit of optimism maybe...can just see yer heads twisting queer looking at it...probably even convincing yer good selves for a split second that it aint all that bad....

Funny out i bet...

hubbygt

Member +
Sounds like a good adventure where it all went tits up then all turned out great in the end.
Loved the adventure to pick my v up off Trevor, needless to say I wasn't dissapointed in it tho.
All the best to the new owner of a mint mk1 som :drive:

Somhairle

Lifer
I love wee stories like this and from here on in when someone asks where you got your mk1 out the story will flow.....

The comical thing about this is,,,is that the story be best heard in person by both of ye,, plus can just imagine yer wee faces when ye arrived on first to look at the 'mint' gt ....Disappointment with a tad bit of optimism maybe...can just see yer heads twisting queer looking at it...probably even convincing yer good selves for a split second that it aint all that bad....

Funny out i bet...

The story will be much better heard in person, the looks on our faces were classic but even better was the look on the other guys faces...

Me : "you go on the forum mate?"

Other guy :"yes, the very odd time"

Me: "oh right, you know jay then?"

Other guy: "yeah seen him on it"

Me: "oh right, thats him standing there"

silence......

Jay: "where are the mods that were listed"

Jay: "Grab the compression tester, should we set up the wideband?"

silence......

genius!

malcolmgt

Member +
The story will be much better heard in person, the looks on our faces were classic but even better was the look on the other guys faces...

Me : "you go on the forum mate?"

Other guy :"yes, the very odd time"

Me: "oh right, you know jay then?"

Other guy: "yeah seen him on it"

Me: "oh right, thats him standing there"

silence......

Jay: "where are the mods that were listed"

Jay: "Grab the compression tester, should we set up the wideband?"

silence......

genius!

hahahahahhahahahahahaha, "you know jay", "yeah seen him on it".
just pissed myself

Somhairle

Lifer
Some pics:

It begins:

30012010038.jpg

The View from the afternoon: (well midnight in Glasgow in a car park)

31012010041.jpg

Resting up with some night time reading:

31012010047.jpg

On route to Liverpool:

31012010058.jpg

Was it worth it? I think so :)

01022010066.jpg