ahhh i think i wasted my money

ryanjfo

Member +
i just made a deposit on a greddy emanage blue ecu today and im buying it tommorow.After reading heaps about them and peoples setups i thought they were really good but are they? did i waste my money on it can it really only give you a little bit of differnece. ....how much hp do u think i have now does it really make a big differnce

heres my mod list tell me what you think

-380mm by 260mm by 77mm front mount intercooler
-Standard Internals
-Upgraded turbo from the old small ct9 to a Td04 form a 1996 Subaru Wrx,
-New Kevlar paddle clutch has just been put in this month also
-All Aluminum Intercooler Piping
-Sparco and Racepro silicone joiners used
-Custom built cold air box and cold air intake system with a k & n pod filter
-TRD(Toyota racing development) spark plug leads,
-Walbro 500hp unrated fuel pump
-Greenstuff uprated brake pads
-Polished Rocker cover with small oil breather filter
-Manual Boost Controller
-Manual Turbosmart Fuel Cut Defender
-2.5 exhaust running straight off the turbo, catalytic converter removed
-2.5 inch X Force muffler with silencer included for warrants
-Fusion Undercar blue neon kit
-, not lowered
-Car is sitting on 14 inch white racing mags
-Wrx rear wing

tomorrow I will have 330cc mazda injectors and a sard rrfpr and an oil cooler and anit lift kit installed

Kelly

Member +
its not a waste of money. Jones is running one on his td04 which is prob one of fastest on this site ! he mapped it himself he is happy with it. But most tuners dont like working with them. A few places will gladly do them but alot of performance garages dont like the emanage's!

buts its a cheap and affordable .

sx_turbo

Lifer
are you silly, try running that setup with a standard ecu and rrfpr, the tune will be far from perfect.

the only things that are better than emanage blue, is the greddy emanage ultimate, and a full stand alone ecu,

the apexi neo and safc arent any where near as good. nor is the blitz fuel computer.

on that setup you should see between 220-250hp on standard internals @ 1bar boost, with the emanage blue

sx_turbo

Lifer
really? hmmm why dont tuners like working with them?

i dont think thats every where mate there a peice of piss to tune, down south england there is loads of tuners that will tune them, but finding a good tuner is the hard bit.

Kelly

Member +
sx turbo -- afew ppl on the site are running td04's with fcd and fuel pumps etc too. yes its a cheap ass way but stil its not like he is the only one.

and there is better upgrades than emanage, power fc and other ecu's like motec (but means alot more money)

Kelly

Member +
i dont think thats every where mate there a peice of piss to tune, down south england there is loads of tuners that will tune them, but finding a good tuner is the hard bit.

this is true lots of emanage tuners are more south. I know up here most garages wont map the emanage just speaking from personal experience.

ryanjfo

Member +
yeh money is a issue and ive already purchased it now so o late haha..but wat tips can you give me to tell the tuner when he tunes my car like what shoud i tell them to do and not do

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
well personally id go for the emanage ultimate over the blue, as it has twice the features & is simpler to tune..

u did not waste ur money, biggest thing i didnt like about the blue is that to alter fuelling it also alters the timing, althogh timing can be reset via the ign map..

the ultimate offers alot more features, but the blue is fine (if tuned by the right person)

kon

ryanjfo

Member +
unfortunately i dont live in england im in new zealand.you dont know what tuners in new zealand are like do you lol

Kelly

Member +
yeh money is a issue and ive already purchased it now so o late haha..but wat tips can you give me to tell the tuner when he tunes my car like what shoud i tell them to do and not do

im sure the tuner will know what to do without being told :)

sx_turbo

Lifer
sx turbo -- afew ppl on the site are running td04's with fcd and fuel pumps etc too. yes its a cheap ass way but stil its not like he is the only one.

and there is better upgrades than emanage, power fc and other ecu's like motec (but means alot more money)

i beleive thats what i have stated kelly :)

and i beleive power fc is now discontinued and is hard to find hence why i never said about it. and i think full standalone ecu like i said covers all the bases like motec etc :)

yes a few people use the lesser safc and neo and have good results my point is the guy 100% has not wasted his money. and if people are running td04 and fcd and rrfpr with no piggyback ecu then there bloody silly.

ryanjfo

Member +
i should have brought the ultimate aye yeh maybe ur rite i saw it but its and extra $300 and it doesnt really have million more features and for that price i could go for a standalone

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.

well tbh i wouldnt say that the power fc is better, as the ultimate has much more features, only advantage of the pfc is that it comes with a plug n play harness.. other than that it has to be mapped from scratch, the ultimate uses the stock ecu as a basemap.. thus saving alot of time..

also since the pfc is discontinued its being sold for silly money.. so thats a little bit of a downfall.. not to mention the software which is obsolete as far as other standalones go.. still a very popular unit... :)

Kelly

Member +
i didnt say he wasted his money either was just stating that there is better out there! but they come at a price emanage is the affordable way i guess :)

ryanjfo

Member +
so you think its ok to run the td04 rrfpr wat u said without the emanage for a while because i wont be able to run it straight away will it be safe to drive without the emanage in it