APEXi Power FC Boost Control Kit

TRD1mos

Member +
Hi, i am owner of a Apexi Power FC with commander by AP.Engineering for 4efte ep91.I recently bought a APEXi Power FC Boost Control Kit but i have no idea where to connect the soleinoid for adjusting the boost pressure from power fc.Does anybody have tried it to connect it and work the 4 different pressures?

whiteglanzav

Member +
what you need to do is swap the standard boost solenoid for the pfc one and plug the standard loom onto it - its as easy as that :)

TRD1mos

Member +
I thought so for my self,but the differences from all other toyota (celica,mr2,supra,etc) is that in 4efte the solenoid is only for the swich hi and lo,it does not have anything to do with the ecu.I was wondering if anyone have tried it?

Last edited:

whiteglanzav

Member +
i'm not 100% as i havent installed mine yet but if im thinking wrongly thenyou need to do as i said above and then i think there is an additional wire from the solenoid which you plug into the side of the ecu aswell ;)

map sensor is deffo a switch new for old job though

weeJohn

Lifer
I thought so for my self,but the differences from all other toyota (celica,mr2,supra,etc) is that in 4efte the solenoid is only for the swich hi and lo,it does not have anything to do with the ecu.I was wondering if anyone have tried it?

But that solenoid works like a boost controller, it bleeds air off from the turbo ouput pressure to the actuator, making the actuator think there is less boost than there actually is.

I have a Power FC but not the boost control kit, most people that use the boost control kit use the Apexi loom with it and it plugs into the side of the ECU.

TRD1mos

Member +
All you write is right except,boost map sensor is pluged into the side of ecu,the solenoid that has different cable with 2 wires plugs into the most cars to the factory solenoid,i don't know if it is right for 4efte because of the type of solenoid(it uses a switch and not being handle by the factory ecu) so i don't know if is right to plug it there.Also the boost control kit come with a 3 wired map and a 5 wired map depends of the type of car,your's ecu as you can see has 3 pin output,because is a modyfied sw20 from ap engineering.My question is if someone has tried it or seen it on a 4efte.

hardcoreep

Member +
BoostControlKit-Complete.jpg

Apexi boost control kit should come with 3BAR Map sensor (left) and the boost control solenoid at right. You swap over to the Apexi map sensor and plug in the solenoid as you would any other boost controller, because technically its the same solenoid for the AVCR. The MAP sensor will allow you to MAP higher and the Commander will recognize the solenoid and allow you to manipulate duty cycle.

sx_turbo

Lifer
BoostControlKit-Complete.jpg

Apexi boost control kit should come with 3BAR Map sensor (left) and the boost control solenoid at right. You swap over to the Apexi map sensor and plug in the solenoid as you would any other boost controller, because technically its the same solenoid for the AVCR. The MAP sensor will allow you to MAP higher and the Commander will recognize the solenoid and allow you to manipulate duty cycle.

so the map sensor replaces the stock map sensor in the stock location yeah?

and only the boost solenoid gets plugged into the side of the pfc???

i ask because i already have the map sensor fitted and mapped in, and was gonna get the mr2 boost control kit for the pfc, (effectively this should work as the mr2 kit consists of just the solenoid),

i'm not sure whether to try it as people say that the boost control kit is specific for each pfc kit

Rory

Lifer
Yeah the map sensor replaces the stock one, have to wire in a new plug, but thats easy.
And from what ive read, the boost control kit plugs in to the side of the PFC?

Thats the way ive read it anyway, but im sure someone wil be along to clarify.

so the map sensor replaces the stock map sensor in the stock location yeah?

and only the boost solenoid gets plugged into the side of the pfc???

i ask because i already have the map sensor fitted and mapped in, and was gonna get the mr2 boost control kit for the pfc, (effectively this should work as the mr2 kit consists of just the solenoid),

i'm not sure whether to try it as people say that the boost control kit is specific for each pfc kit

sx_turbo

Lifer
Yeah the map sensor replaces the stock one, have to wire in a new plug, but thats easy.
And from what ive read, the boost control kit plugs in to the side of the PFC?

Thats the way ive read it anyway, but im sure someone wil be along to clarify.

yeah thats what i thought,

so in effect if i were to buy a boost control kit for the mr2 in theory it should work.

TRD1mos

Member +
Guys,in mr2's and celica they use the 3 bar map sensor pluged into the side of ecu and solenoid in the oem wires of solenoid that go to the wastegate.None plug the solenoid into the side of ecu,if someone has done it please send pictures,tommorow i ll try to upload from a friend of mine that has it instelled into a celica gt4 but i have to say that 4efte is not the same as 3sgte.4efte doesn't control boost solenoid 3sgte ecu handle boost different for every gear.

weeJohn

Lifer
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?81887-Power-fc-users-map-sensor-question

Check out William Carrols post in that thread, its post #7, it works the way the lads have described.

If it was me, I would wire then 3 bar map sensor into the wiring loom where the standard map sensor connects like this....
DSC00035.jpg

Then get the loom for the boost control kit and plug it into the side of the Power FC.

You do know that the 4EFTE Power FC is a modified 3SGTE MR2 ecu dont you? Is the Power FC`s you have seen wired this way the D Jetro models or the older versions?