Bishopscourt Drag Racing, 5/10/08

weeJohn

Lifer
Sideways Racing Club is organising another Drag racing competition at Bishopscourt on Sunday 5th October. They are planning to start at 3pm, never seen it on time yet lol.

There is a "Retro" Car drag competition on the 4th, for cars older than 1990. Younger cars can run that day and get times recorded but are not eligable for the competition.

Its £30 for unlimited runs and entry into the comp, if you pay by paypal its £32 and your space is guaranteed. Sometimes there are no spaces on the day.

There is drifting on both days and racing on the Saturday.

http://www.sideways-racing.co.uk/

Here is a link to their site for payments and more info. There is more info on RMS as well. Here is a link, scroll down to #179 to see the info for this event.

http://www.reallymeansounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67614&page=6

Last edited:

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
What time do they let u start ur runs, 3pm?

I'll be up at this one, most likely running the car weather depending.

weeJohn

Lifer
I will be there about 2 or 2.30, the drifting does not interest me that much.

Weather forecast is good for this, dry and cold, hopefully we will get some good times.

See you all there!

L900CMC

Member +
Looks like your getting a good day lads

John was up at Trevors yesterday and we ventured into the boot in my fiesta,found your loom,forgot all about it,are you about the house weeknights around 7ish?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Aye days looking good so far! I'll prob be up about the same time weejohn, still have a few things to sort on the car!

weeJohn

Lifer
He needs to try operating both with his left boot Jay.

Good day today, weather was all we could hope for. Not that many cars there but, and not that many people keen on running lots.

A couple of high horsepower cars there, and a Ferrari 360 spider did a couple of runs.

Ran a 13.7 for my best time, slower than my previous best, but good enough for me, put me 4th in Class 1 and 5th overall. Happy enough against cars with 350, 400 and 600 claimed horses under the bonnet, and that red Italian scrapper as well. I think the guy in the RX7 twin turbo went home after I beat by 3 car lengths lol.

Spuddy was the most frustrated man there today, good tyres but no diff killed him off the line. He surprised a lot of cars once he got rolling but!!

Sean had the best Starlet time of 13.6, he won his Class easy, even when they moved him up to the pro section. Ran against him twice, got him off the line each time and beat him first run, but the power in that engine of his showed the second time and he reeled me in. I think he put the boost up for the second run lol.

Good to see a few other lads from the site there to, including Chris who is mending well.

Its a good days craic this lads, its not all about power and its not to hard on the cars. It would be good to see more Starlets there, maybe a mmet at one would interest a few members?

Jay

Admin
Sounds like you had fun giant-killing. :rockon:

Guess I could send the auto up the strip for the novelty value at some stage..

weeJohn

Lifer
Jay the last auto i seen there was that Chevy jeep with the 6 litre engine, it ran in the low 13`s and nothing could touch it off the line.

Get it to the next one, it will rock off the line and you can wave your left leg out the window at the next lane lol!!

Jay the last auto i seen there was that Chevy jeep with the 6 litre engine, it ran in the low 13`s and nothing could touch it off the line.

Get it to the next one, it will rock off the line and you can wave your left leg out the window at the next lane lol!!

yea that jeep was scary!

was only up watching the drifting today i couldnt stay for the drag racing i had to go!

met few gt's i on the road near downpatrick i recognised from the meet last June. one with a high spoiler with orange sunstrip? was it chris?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Was a great day out, nice weather too!

I only got two timed runs :( my last two where fantastic by far my best ever but where untimed. Beat an M3 with extreme ease and got off the line perfectly on that run after I lowered the tyre pressures way down.

My best was only 14.3 but still .2 better than my last, however my terminal speeds where down by 3 mph for some reason.

Was very nervous all day with my tyres and at one stage had to dissappear off cause coulda swore I had a loose wheel! But all nuts seemed good.

Will have the diff in for the next run and see how things pan out.

Was interesting seeing seanep82gt beating a 650hp Supra on his first run lol!

Phil

Super Moderator
yea that jeep was scary!

was only up watching the drifting today i couldnt stay for the drag racing i had to go!

met few gt's i on the road near downpatrick i recognised from the meet last June. one with a high spoiler with orange sunstrip? was it chris?

that would be mark, chris's mate, k24 on her.. and sunstrip has a bit of character about it !

Phil

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
:pics: lol..

congrats guys seems like u had a wicked day out!

kon