Can't Decide : Feedback please

mole76

Member +
Got two quotes to ponder over but cant make my mind up!:confused:

Adrian Flux = 540 :beer:
Sky = 560 :beer:

Before you say go for either its only 20 quid diff. price is brill from both tbh as i have declared all mods.

Would just like some feed back off all who has dealt with both, to see who has had best customer care so to speak ie how fast do they deal with claims etc...( i hope you know what i mean )

cant seem to find feedback thread for Flux, thats why im asking peeps

Cheers

Steve

pkn

Member +
i use sky,there very helpfull though i've never had to claim from them,i'd phone them back and they would probably lower the price:) i rang them for a quote before i took out a policy and they were slightly cheaper than my renewal quote elsewere but i said the difference in price wasn't worth the messing about with paperwork so they lowered the quote by about £100:beer:

Monkfish

Member +
Seeing as Flux have never given me a good quote when I've finally got through to them, I'd opt for Sky.

The deciding factor should be on the perks you get with the policy though, such as 3rd Party on all vehicles (assuming you're an old fuck like me), legal cover, courtesy car etc etc. Compare your excess and other costs like that too.

Idrees

Banned
I'd go Adrian Flux, seen a good few bad words about Sky on here in the past about not recieving certificates etc etc.

Dingle

Member +
Ive had no problems we sky got my paper work asap and when the added Glanza to there system my certificates were delivered straight away, and when you talk to em they seem like they know there stuff about mods and people ive spoke to seem like Enthusiast there selfs

lingl9z

Member +
I've been with both so i feel i can comment, afaik adrian flux don't do like for like on mods (so i've been told over the phone) where as sky do which is brilliant, had a few probs with sky but they are genuine mistakes and some of them was due to me getting something wrong.

They was able to lower my quote + change to fully comp for the same price as adrian flux offered me lower etc something they didnt have to do as i had already taken the policy out with sky.

If it was up2 me i'd for for sky they seem really clued up over the phone always helpful and you have ollie on this site helping you as and when needed.

What more could you ask for?

Rich.

I have had policies with both of these companies and found them both very good.

I had my 200sx insured by flux last year, and starlet by sky last year (sky gave me the better quote then)

This year round I have changed the starlets insurance to flux as they actually offered me a cheaper price (by about £60)

Both companies are reputable and i've personally nothing bad to say about either.

On that basis, I would simply go for flux as its £20 cheaper. I know its not a lot but its cheaper at the end of the day. The £20 could be put to good use......like a few pints :beer::p

Edit: I have like for like mods with flux, suppose it just depends on the poilcy

Last edited:

lingl9z

Member +
think it depends on age was something like that, me only being 20 when policy was taken out may have something to do with it i guess?

Edit: with that in mind i guess there both as good as each other!

CMR

Member +
Ive been with flux for awhile, they are very good at requesting information from you (proof of mods, ncb etc) but as someone else said can be a pain to get through to.

No experience with sky, but I think flux are a bigger or more widely known company)

mole76

Member +
Due end of this week!

Thanks for info peeps rep will be added asap!

Just another quicky, do you think the price is resonable, taking into account that were both in our 30's, 5yrs+ ncb, and with the mods. Just asking as i have seen a 26 yr old on here paying simular price?:confused:

Anyone with simular stats please, and what you paying ?

Just looking to save as much as possible lol and i am being tight cos only part time at the moment :mad:

skyinsurance

Member +
Anyone with simular stats please, and what you paying ?

Hi,

dont read too much into what other people are paying, insurance is all about the individual. The other person you have seen the price for could live in a sleepy Cornwall postcode with no claims, convctions, restricted milage etc etc

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Would have thought it would have been alot lower mate tbh. I was getting quotes about 50 quid more than that & im 23 + i have 5 years no claims etc..

Try http://www.brentacre.co.uk/

they are really knowlegable on modifications etc.. May be worth a call to them. I got a quote over the phone within 10 mins or so.

mole76

Member +
As i have been with the same insurance company for years now, i'm not aware of what process i do to continue my policy with another company?

Is it a case of just cancelling one and going with another or do i have to transfer the policy blah blah..

thanks

steve

Blak_Mamber

Member +
As i have been with the same insurance company for years now, i'm not aware of what process i do to continue my policy with another company?

Is it a case of just cancelling one and going with another or do i have to transfer the policy blah blah..

thanks

steve

Just cancel the one your on mate. They should then send you the proof of no claims bonus etc..

Then join up with your new one.

Simple's

Dan3SGTE

Member +
You can just cancel the policy mate or wait till your renewal and dont take out another contract with that company. Just cancel and move on.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
lol love that ad lol

that easy lol just thought i heard or read somewhere it had to be transfered?

haha yeah, love that meerkat.

Nope, its as simple as that dude.

Make sure you cancel it in advance or it will just continue covering on your existing company.