compression test

mechiel

Member +
bros out there, i'm running a 5e with ACIS intake manifold... stock 4e piston with FHE conrod, crank and block.

Just did a compression test on my cyl half an hour ago, and below is the result:

cyl 1: 180
cyl 2: 120
cyl 3: 160
cyl 4: 180

now the car sounds like a wrx...

I would like to know would there be any problem for me to continue driving slow and steady before i head for the rebuild next month? I gotta wait for my new car arrived before i send for rebuild...

thanks in advance

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
well considering ur down 60psi on no.2 and 20psi on no.3 i wouldnt drive it around the block tbh.. there is obviously some sort of damage which only will get worse if you keep on using the car...

kon

mechiel

Member +
thanks for all the suggestion... however i need the car badly as i'm a sales manager and need to travel around. what i mean slow and steady is without boosting the turbo...

mechiel

Member +
thanks... i decided to send the car for rebuild today. the car is totally lost of power. the sound is just like subaru car...

mechiel

Member +
If it sounds like subaru and not making the whole street full of smoke then it shouldn't be pistons/rings

ya mate... no smoke... though smoke comes out once in a while... but as i know, if it is ring/piston, the smoke will non-stop coming out...

correct me if i'm wrong

mechiel

Member +
now the engine is dismantled into pieces...

and facing the problem now. should i use 5e or 4efte overhaul gasket kit?

Skalabala

Member +
well then you have a problem. you will need to find out why it did that! measure pistons and measure the bores for a start.

turboloon

Member +
i have the exact same problem with my 4efte:(,haven't opened it up yet so don't know if it is the h/g or piston rings ...but i have a feeling it could be the piston rings...