Dodgy idling after remap

Matt Glanza

Member +
Just had my car remapped the other day and when it's first turned on it idles as it should but the minute I put my foot on the throttle it hunts from 1000-1500 and won't go back to a steady idle it's not z vacum leak.so any ideas?I've also tried disconnecting the battery and then letting the car idle for ten minute but no change.and it's a power fc

dac69er

Super Moderator
i get that now and again with my power fc mate. tends to be when its warming up from cold and its running off the turbo timer while i lock up my garage. doesnt hunt for long though. just up and down a few times then tends to stabilise. might just be a little glitch with the power fc maybe?

once the car is warmed up it is perfect!

dac69er

Super Moderator
what idle control related selections do you have turned on? if you dont have the idle control turned on then it can cause this problem.

are all your sensors reading consistently?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
well it could be your injectors are closed to much on idle.. when using uprated injectors some tuners tend to disregard the minimum pulse duration for the injectors to idle propperly, ie what im saying is to acheive your idle the tuners may have taken a shortcut by setting the idle when the car was warm.. causing the injector apperture to be too small for the choke system.. causing the hunting idle.. some injectors cant be calibrated to 14.7:1 on idle.. u need to keep them a tad bit richer to avoid hunting idle.

well thats one possibility anyways. ;)
kon

Matt Glanza

Member +
I have all the functions turned on as far as I'm aware.it must be something to do with what u are saying kon as it was fine when on the base map.I'm running sard 550cc injectors

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
I have all the functions turned on as far as I'm aware.it must be something to do with what u are saying kon as it was fine when on the base map.I'm running sard 550cc injectors

then im pretty sure its as iv said mate, to drop ur idle af to stoich they have disregarded the minimum aperture needed & closed the injectors a little to much, which is causing the symptoms ur having mate..

give them a call & ask them to sort it out.. the way i see it is that its their problem to solve..

kon

Chris@CCM

Member +
sounds like a problem with ur fuel table on the idle boxs or it needs reset and the map reloaded back on ! take it bac to ur tuner! who would let a car go that wont idle any ways ?

Matt Glanza

Member +
It was fine at first but by the Tuesday it had gotten worse.noticed it slightly at first but would then settle back down.will be going back up to get the car mapped at a higher boost but not happy with the problem.thanks for your imput guys.will rep when I'm on a computer

Matt Glanza

Member +
still badly idling the mapper said it cant be the injectors as it runs off the lambda sensor.i tried turning off the o2 sensor and made it even worse.i ve tried cleaning the idle control valve but i dont think its to do with that im really at my wits end with the car

weeJohn

Lifer
The FC doesnt really use the idle control valve, I would check the throttle is closing properly as it could be sticking open slightly and letting more air in, messing up the idle table in the map. The fact that you say its getting worse over time does not really point to a map setting I think.

If its not sticking there is an easy way to try to fix it. You need to save your map then initalise the FC. Then load your map back on and let the car idle (from cold) for 10 minutes, or untils its warmed up to norma templ then switch on your lights and let it idle for another few minutes.

I have not got a commander but the datalogic and the software so not sure if you can do this with a commander.

Matt Glanza

Member +
yea it starts the minute you blip the throttle but its idling higher than it was.its not a vacum leak as ive checked allports etc.how do i save the map on the commander then?

Matt Glanza

Member +
Fixed the hunting on idle turned out to be the throttle pull was loose but now the car idles at 2k.could this be the tps sensor needs resetting.anyone experienced this prob when fiitng the tuning developements throttle pulley?thanks

dac69er

Super Moderator
i have a tuning developments throttle pulley, no problems from me???

when you say it was loose? how do you mean? the cable had some slack before it would move the pulley or the pulley itself was loose?

dac69er

Super Moderator
very srange. ill have to check mine next time i use the car just incase. it seemed to do up ok though???

least its sorted now though mate.

dac69er

Super Moderator
is the tps showing on and off?

if you use your commander there is a sensor/sw check screen. there is once called 'idle' i think. as you press the accelerator on and off does the little on screen indicator change?

what is your idle actually set too? also, have you adjusted your idle screw as that will cause the car to idle too high?

Last edited: