ebay help, item recieved in bad condition

durmz

Member +
I know this is tedious but I also know some of you guys are really clued up on this sort of stuff so figured was worth posting. I bought an Iphone on ebay for my girlfriend for christmas, whilst im aware this is a little risk I thought I was pretty careful, bought one that wasnt the cheapest going and from a guy with 100% feedback.

this is the ad;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220704850110&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

main point being;

iPhone 3G 16gb

In very good condition. Only selling as upgraded to iPhone 4.

On O2 network (no sim included)

Includes charger and headphones

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask

now Im being a little fussy, but I turnt over 230 of hard earned. these are pics of the phone when I recieved it;

ffba1aed.jpg

3cbea761.jpg

2ea2516a.jpg

0429c098.jpg

96125749.jpg

b3a27f97.jpg

f998c0f1.jpg

you cant see every scratch in these photos, but really, would you consider this in very good condition? its clearly never seen a screen protector or case in its life. Ive asked for money back in a pretty civil way, but straight to the point;

Hello ian.
After advice I am asking for a full refund for the iphone.
The iphone was sold under the description of 'very good condition' this is not true and the item is infact in very bad cosmetic condition. I am sure this can be resolved but am also to advise you that if we come to a dissagreement or you fail to reply to this message I will open a case in the resolution centre to help.

many thanks, tom.

would you say Im right? and also if he refuses do I have a leg to stand on?

CTR_Timmy

Member +
I would say you would be in the right to ask for a refund as clearly the phone is not as described. If I was you i would contact the seller say the phone arrived but not in the condition he stated and that you want your money back. If he refuses then open a ebay case.

durmz

Member +
yeah thats what Ive done. just glad someone agree's that its not in good condition. problem is it is down as used, so is subject to cosmetic wear, but surely thats a joke?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Shit man, thats bad. What a state & for the price you paid, i'd expect a near perfect i-phone. I'd say the message you sent him is fair and clear and your fully in the right. That phone looks like its seen 80 grit sandpaper :p
I'd expect he wont refund you, but you never know. Will ebay pay out in that case? Hope all comes out in the wash mate. Keep us updated on here :)

durmz

Member +
na cheers guys. Well if ebay agree with may he'l supposedly be forced to pay full refund. the guys got over 140 stars or whatever with 100% feedback so hopefully he'd rather refund me than have his feedback tarnished. He doesnt seem unreasonable but I just wondered where I stood. I know lewis tis a joke, I paid for a more expensive one for just that reason

CTR_Timmy

Member +
Theres used condition and then theres damage and that clearly is in a poor condition as theres a hell of alot of scratches/marks. He should have said in his description that there and marks on casing and screen. If you have no luck on the messaging front leave negative feedback and start the ebay case where you will get a refund.

xxjack189

Member +
Your fully entitled to a refund, an item in that condition should have been very cleared described as such, i paid 220 euros recently for an iphone on ebay and it was near pristine condition, the only thing now is the hassle of getting a refund so you probably wont have it for christmas. unlucky dude.

durmz

Member +
yeah I spoke to mrs about it (she knew what she was getting lol) and she's kool not having it for xmas, would much rather a mint one

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Thats a piss take. If he classes that as Very Good condition then thats beyond me, thats about Average or below.

malcolmgt

Member +
item not as described, fully entitled to dispute. wait response and go from there!
with good feedback on a few transactions would have thought be a decent person.

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
what has the guy been doin snowboarding on the phone before he sent it u would defo dispute it mate that is shockin u can report straight to ebay and they should be able to sort it for u

Rory

Lifer
Is it just me or does the screen have clear plastic film over it? I use film to protect mine.

BUT it doesnt take away the shocking condition of the overall phone.

td04 project:)

Member +
trust me i sold a bench t-shirt that was very good condition but it never fitted the lad but he never even asked for a refund just opend a case and as soon as i got the email i shat it and refunded him lol so if worst comes to worst open a case and you should be fine cause that is awefull condition!
Hope you get it sorted pal that alot of money to be parting with.

churcherj

Member +
file a paypal dispute claim mate, that item was not sold as described so you should have every leg to stand on!

Arnold

Lifer
eBay tends to side with the buyer in 99% of cases regardless of reason anyway so you'll win. That's a shockingly shit looking phone you've bought and i wouldn't be happy either

djdiller

Member +
I would seriously crack up if i bought an iphone from ebay and it came in this state considering it says "in
very good condition" ....... which from the pics is a load of Sh1te ...... REFUND big time buddy

Diller