fuel pressure regulator wot pressure???

trickie

Member +
hi ive just fitted my fpr n not sure wot pressure i should set it do i set it to bout 45psi but felt like it woz slugish n skipping up the road! knocked it down to 37 psi can any1 help??

thanks

hi ive just fitted my fpr n not sure wot pressure i should set it do i set it to bout 45psi but felt like it woz slugish n skipping up the road! knocked it down to 37 psi can any1 help??

thanks

what boost are you running?

it should only be set up via rolling road by a professional tuner otherwise your putting the life of your engine at risk

trickie

Member +
will b runnin bout a bar when my actuator turns up but avin trouble finding wot wire 2 cut into 4 my fcd aswell! at the mo im runin bout 0.7-0.8 bar

Jay

Admin
Each car, engine and modification will differ mate.

As Mully says, you need to get the fuelling checked properly and the pressure adjusted to suit your setup. Get this done ASAP.

A poor mix can result in engine damage.

Chris@CCM

Member +
might help bud and defo get the fpr set up by a tuner
EP82_FCD_wiring_diagram.JPG

trickie

Member +
do ya think it wud b wise to put the standard fpr back on till i get it set up coz i wanna run it up pod on sunday?? does n 1 no if it is safe to fit the hks fcd defender under the bonnet from the map sensor some1 sed this wud b ok ne ideas?

Chris@CCM

Member +
its a easy to fit it to the ecu bud .dont fit the fcd unless u are fitting the rrfpr as it will lean it out

trickie

Member +
the fpr is fitted now some1 i spoke 2 sed set it at 45psi but when i drove it at nite it woz over fuelin so i ave knocked it down to 37psi! couldnt make out wot wire it woz on the ecu from the diagram!lol!

ChrisGT

Member +
Whats standard fuel pressure ? *Think* its about 2.1Bar, but someone will know the exact amount. Set your FPR to run that, and then set your actuator/EBC/MBC (whatever you have) to 9/10PSI and keep it like that until you can fit the FCD.

Once you have the FCD fitted, hobble your way over to a rolling road and get the FPR and boost setup by someone professionally. Thats what I'd do !

gv1.3

Admin
set it at 38psi which whould besafe enough for .8 or .9 then take it and get it checked to make sure. Mine is set to 38psi at the moment

starlet666

Member +
mine is set 2 50 psi and it is just a bit jumpy on the throttle unless u roll on to it but im also running a tad mor boost than a little bar lol.......
chris u shush on my mods dude........
dont want people to know my secrets.........lol

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
do as dylan said & set it to 38psi.. that should be more than enough..

with ur thread title i thought u asked how much the increase is from idle to WOT.. well thats simple.. the sard rrfpr compensates at a 1:1 ratio ;) so the more boost, the more fuel it pumps!

kon