Fuel system upgrade. when. what..

HorwathBence

Member +
Hy. I know it is a nerd question, but when do i need to upgrade my fuel system ,and how mush do i need to modyfi.
I mean, that what boost pressure requires serious mods, and whats first.
when do i need a new fuelpump, and how big
wen do i need new injectors and what syze
regulators? ecu? whaelse?

thx

Ooomoo

Member +
the standard injectors take quite a bit to max out bud so upgrade the fuel pump and get a jam fcd and fpr and youll be fine for 1bar of boost on the standard ct9 turbo, if going for another turbo then you`ll need a piggy back ecu or another with a remap.

GTdan

In The Closet
No... :S should i? what ll happen, and what do u mean uprated?

the standard manifold has arestristion on the 3rd runner, which when run at high boost (ie 1bar) it will cause excessive it on piston number 3 and lead to a new engine.

So you will need to get an aftermark manifold where this restriction is removed or you could grind out the restriction on the runner,but this will make the manifold weaker.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
I strongly recommend even a stock boosted car to run a aftermarket manifold, ive seen first hand on stock engines cylinder 3 getting excessively hot, and for the fuel system the stock fuel system bar a uprated fuel pump will flow perfectly up to 1bar boost on a TD04 setup, once going past this i recommend uprating the injectors, after that when running serious power you need to look into dual fuel pumps, larger fuel rails etc.

But thats only when running massive power and even then most people don't bother.

If you need further info just drop us a PM or Email at Enquiry@TuningDevelopments.co.uk

Many Thanks
~Nick @ Tuning Developments

HorwathBence

Member +
Yepp.. monfish did a nice job there... thx for it.

Aniway, I still wont get it. Japps dont do idiotic stuffs, but that thing in the 3d runner... for what the hack??? can it be some wortex generator or so?

Monkfish

Member +
Aniway, I still wont get it. Japps dont do idiotic stuffs, but that thing in the 3d runner... for what the hack??? can it be some wortex generator or so?
Nah, nothing so flash and fancy as that. It's a recess to allow clearance for the bolts that mount the turbo to the manifold.

ruggiero06

Member +
I strongly recommend even a stock boosted car to run a aftermarket manifold, ive seen first hand on stock engines cylinder 3 getting excessively hot, and for the fuel system the stock fuel system bar a uprated fuel pump will flow perfectly up to 1bar boost on a TD04 setup, once going past this i recommend uprating the injectors, after that when running serious power you need to look into dual fuel pumps, larger fuel rails etc.

But thats only when running massive power and even then most people don't bother.

If you need further info just drop us a PM or Email at Enquiry@TuningDevelopments.co.uk

Many Thanks
~Nick @ Tuning Developments

lol yea of course you would recomend an aftermarket mani