gift wrapping??

scot-ish

Member +
i have still bein charged £20 for summit thats been gift wrapped? i havent seen the wrapping yet, but i assumed, if its gift wrapped, you avoid import charges?? is this right??

affy

Lifer
i have still bein charged £20 for summit thats been gift wrapped? i havent seen the wrapping yet, but i assumed, if its gift wrapped, you avoid import charges?? is this right??

for them if something they are handling has been gift wrapped they will assume its someting expensive or of importance as its gift wraped and the B*****S charge you,

happend to me from parcel force depot, dont even try arguing lol they'l close the window on ya :shoot: ignorant cunts, they not asked

for them if something they are handling has been gift wrapped they will assume its someting expensive or of importance as its gift wraped and the B*****S charge you,

happend to me from parcel force depot, dont even try arguing lol they'l close the window on ya :shoot: ignorant cunts, they not asked

i got some shocks from america, the local delivery company have just charged me;

£37.50 customs clearence fee
£10 deference fee
£30 airline handling fee wtf???
and to top it all off 42quid VAT, the bastards charge VAT on the shipping costs too, so even if you have a low value invoice for like 30 quid and shipping cost 100, you have to pay VAT and duty for the 130.
I hate this government

scot-ish

Member +
well, i know next time i wont be paying extra for gift wrapping if i buy from them again,seems either way i will pay on it, its only £6 odd vat, but the fuckers want over £13 for parcelforce clearance fee

y3Lo

Member +
it's the risk you take mate, gift wrap or not it's hit and miss. i ended up with nearly £40 charges when i bought a ext WG from america.

well, i know next time i wont be paying extra for gift wrapping if i buy from them again,seems either way i will pay on it, its only £6 odd vat, but the fuckers want over £13 for parcelforce clearance fee

i got something the other day and the parcelforce customs clearence fee was only £8 dude

scot-ish

Member +
i got something the other day and the parcelforce customs clearence fee was only £8 dude[/QUOTE

well there takin the piss then,

heres my invoice from the cunts

Photo015.jpg

gv1.3

Admin
why post this in the RHD forum?

They do not control customs. I would imagine gift wrapping limits the chance of something being classed as a commercial purchase but it certainly does not eliminate it.

Suck it up - you buy from abroad be prepared to pay tax.

scot-ish

Member +
gv1.3; said:
why post this in the RHD forum?

i bought from them, and as my first post, i asked about the charges, if its gift wrapped, aint read the site, but assumed that would have avoided customs, hence my question

gv1.3; said:
They do not control customs. I would imagine gift wrapping limits the chance of something being classed as a commercial purchase but it certainly does not eliminate it.

as i have found out from this post, i bought from them, and thought they could answer this, but others have answered in this thread

gv1.3; said:
Suck it up - you buy from abroad be prepared to pay tax.

as it has already been stated in this topic by cory, which i never knew, being the first time ive ordered from abroad,

cheers

sanchez

Member +
That sucks mate, but as said its hit or miss.

I ordered my KAAZ lsd from Japan and ended up paying like £60 or charges on top of what i paid for the lsd, not happy :mad: lol

But i also got some stuff from JGT in Japan, my ORC309 and Defi din gauge and paid nothing, was quite a big box, but Jay put abit of 'happy birthday' on it :D

AdDaMan

Member +
i had to pay £42 charges for some injectors i ordered, but they accidentally sent me two sets so i had to pay £84!!

Mind you that aint bad for a £270 set of injectors for free! :)

Jay

Admin
It's part and 'parcel' of importing parts into the country fella.

Everything is checked and administered by Customs & Excise so there is precious little the sender can do about it. I don't know of any importers that guarantee 100% tax evasion.

If you check out their terms and conditions on the subject you will find :

"We are NOT responsible for applicable Import duties/and/or Taxes incurred into any Country; it is understood that import Tax charges and brokerage fees are the SOLE responsibility of the Importer. We offer gift wrapping services for gifts."

Just gotta roll with the punches bro.

Jay

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
i tried this with the gift wrapping on the rhd japan site but i still got stung lol. ive been caught a few times for things but sometimes things get though. ive neglected to pay a dhl invoice from ages ago and ive heard nothing back ahhaha :p

goldenvtr

Member +
i bought my clutch fomr the usa and i got shafted on that, i go 78£ of charges :/ still worked out cheaper than anywhere else i could find one for though so all good really. just have to be prepaired