Got my first ever speeding letter!

Kelly

Member +
Gutted!

Was driving the almera other weekend following Ben in his van. Coming down a hill thats a 30 and then right at the bottom of hill road turns into 40. Ive been caught doing 41 in the 30. The police were apparantley on the other side of the huge wide road parked up in the 40bit.

Im going to ask for the photo i wanna make sure i am in the 30 bit as usually i get overtaken by peeps on such road coz i do the limit all time lol. Needless to say Ben got one too eeek.

From what i've read online i wont get offered speed awareness course either for that speed. Dying to see the pic coz if i am in the 30 bit it would literally be a case of a few metres before the 40 bit but they know that dont they? hence why they sit in such places.

Oh well there goes my clean licence virginity eh!! :( lol

jam35

Member +
tell them you need to see a photo of you speeding and also ask for a copy of the calibration certificate of the gun or camera(which ever they were using) if they cannot provide you with a copy of that certificate they havent a leg to stand on.:)

durmz

Member +
such bullshit, there just sitting there printing money waiting for everyone to do the same thing, sometimes the law is just fucking stupid

yeah always throw the calibration cert at them,the amount of people i no who have gotten away with it is scary coz the cops never calibrated the gun at the start of shift

iv never been done for speeding,touch wood!

but they hav now taken to pulling me over loads for nothin

say iv no insurance etc etc then check again and ooooooops i do have haha

they need 2 get a life and go catch all the drug dealers n shit instead of pulling people in cars for minor fuk ups!:slap:

oh yeah i hope all goes well 4 ya ant u get cleared:freddy:

as above

THERE FUKIN TAX COLLECTORS

BELLENDS!!!

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Thats real bad luck :( hopefully youve just nipped into the 40, i always build up speed just before i enter the raised limit zones.

I got my first speeding fine on Christmas eve :haha: of all the times to get it!
The points wont make a difference anyway as Sky Insurance explained.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Still clean as a whistle here Kelly. I hope they throw the book at you both!

I got got done for speeding to times in to weeks just before a came over to australia and got done in oz for samething. Yes a am a ass:holdit:

scot-ish

Member +
cor i wish i could say ive only been done once :haha:

x2

altho, never for speeding, i was lucky last time, got offered a speed awareness course, i played the photo first.

kelly-

make sure when you send for you letter, you tell them its for identification of the driver, here is the letter i sent

To whom it may concern.
Hi, I have recently received an NIP for an offence, as detailed; At 15.13 hrs on 17/08/2009 at B1301 LAYGATE, SOUTH SHIELDS. The Ref No. "from your NIP" vehicle "your own registration". The Vehicle was recorded at "your speed"
Please could you send me the photograph of the alleged offence, to aid me identifying the driver of the vehicle at the time, as this was over a month ago. I and my mother both currently use the vehicle; I’m unsure which one of us was driving at the time.

Thanks in advance

hope this helps

corofin12345

Member +
got stopped the other day for doin a 105mph in a 60mph zone... the gard came up to me and i rolled down the window and he told me "ive been waiting for the likes of you all day" i replyed "i got here as fast as i could gard".....

jokes :p

Last edited:

Kelly

Member +
Still clean as a whistle here Kelly. I hope they throw the book at you both!

I hope they dont Sam i hear the punishment is brutal, i've heard they make you drive an mx5 around and dont even provide you with a bag to hide your shame!

scot-ish - thanks for that very helpful going to get in touch with them today about it.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
I hope they dont Sam i hear the punishment is brutal, i've heard they make you drive an mx5 around and dont even provide you with a bag to hide your shame!

Some of us are just into that shit.

Ryan5793

Member +
unlucky :(

the road in and out of where i live used to be a 40 and has changed to a 30 recently. Police have now been standing on the corner everyday this week so far pulling people over! mmm strange eh? fuckers!

Kelly

Member +
Asked for pics to help identify the driver gotta love the ones they sent tut

almeraspeed.jpg