is boosting up to 10psi ok?

ep82kate

Fresh Recruit
Hey
First just wanna say sorry if this thread has been done before couldnt find it so put me in the right direction if there has been another thread.

I've got a starlet gt and I am wanting to boost the turbo upto 10psi.
A mechanic I have spoken to reckons its fine and he can do it but before I make the decision I wanna get some advice from you guys really from your experiance as to whether it makes a big difference and is it worth it?
Does anything else need to be changed and has anyone ever had a bad experiance by doing it.

Any advice would be great as I'll be honest I haven't got a clue on this
Cheers Kate

Paul_JJ

Member +
Hi Kate, I'm sure you will get a more professional advise soon! But in my opinion running 10 PSI is perfectly fine!

bumblebee

Member +
stock HI boost setting is about 9.5 psi/0.65 BAR..dont think it'll be much difference

you should be fine but i think you should do it the right way and get an upgraded mani on there :)

Martingt

Fresh Recruit
hmmm... Mine is running at 10psi, but at 5000rpm goes straight to 15psi? dunno why though as i have a standard ecu?..... wsshhh pop bank lol

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Its perfectly fine to run 10 psi as thats all mine is running, no need to change mani or anythink really, i changed my mani but for an uprated one for better air flow...

hmmm... Mine is running at 10psi, but at 5000rpm goes straight to 15psi? dunno why though as i have a standard ecu?..... wsshhh pop bank lol

I would be carefull with that mate as you are getting boost creep or a boost spike and could damage ya engine if not carefull...

Martingt

Fresh Recruit
ok... I am getting the dastek soon, i think i might have to just be a little softer on the throttle for now :)