Legnums gone bang

Kelly

Member +
Well was driving the other day and the Legnum cut out when came to a stop at red light. After a few mins it started back up again and drove onwards approached a roundabout and it cut out again managed roll it into a bay for a access gate eventually got it start again and it sounded like what hammers must sound like rolling around in a washing machine! :(

Nick came and broomy and they along with ben pulled the car apart well came as no suprise when we saw this -

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/xxkellyxx001/DSC00032.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/xxkellyxx001/DSC00033.jpg

Its a mess to say the least, its had service after service even by the previous owner. Thinking maybe an oil line was blocked? or something along those lines.

Worst thing is we was just about sell it too for another car, although im glad we hadnt as i would have hated for someone to have bought the car had it a week and then this happen to them and they blame us.

Just gutted to say the least so yesterday had to take car cover off GT go get it insured and MOT and guna go tax it at post office today! But its not the most ideal vehicle for two children! One of them being 8weeks old! eeek.

Big thanks to Nick and Broomy for coming to our aid! How many performace cars went past whilst we were broken down? lol even a ferrari and an audi r8!!! :homer:

Gutted!!!!

mcleod

Member +
orh thats a shame kelly can you claim on insurance for something like this as i can imagine it'd be expensive to fix??? just a thought

Kelly

Member +
orh thats a shame kelly can you claim on insurance for something like this as i can imagine it'd be expensive to fix??? just a thought

Well looking at 500 for a new engine drop in ! So will let you know when were doing it and you can come help :p

whiteglanzav

Member +
hmmmmm but if your bottom end was ok the it could be one of the oil ways in the head - and you wouldnt need a full engine !

only 1 way to find out - and it requires a lot of spanners lol

Kelly

Member +
I'm not trusting that engine , and im pretty sure the bottom end has gone too!

Spanners are at the ready! lol

EP824U

Member +
Its like black silicone!

We think oil starvation has just caused it to burn be interesting to take it apart and see for sure.

thats mental! its like treacle. Sorry to hear that Kelly, what a pain in the arse!

Kelly

Member +
Aye deffo a pain! Was just about sell it for a lil profit too now guna be selling it with a loss after new engine. damm!

Craig

Lifer
A real shame Kelly... With the baby car seats (i.e. under 12 months) the seat belts aren't long enough in the GT to go around the back of the Baby Seat. I have a Maxi-Cosi with the quick fix base (was one of the only ones I could fit with the Starlet seat belts). If you have problems getting your baby seat to fit, give me a PM and we can sort something out as my little lady has grown out of it.

Cheers,

lingl9z

Member +
Sorry to hear, only time i've seen something that bad was from a guy that owned a gt and neglected the services!

Kelly

Member +
A real shame Kelly... With the baby car seats (i.e. under 12 months) the seat belts aren't long enough in the GT to go around the back of the Baby Seat. I have a Maxi-Cosi with the quick fix base (was one of the only ones I could fit with the Starlet seat belts). If you have problems getting your baby seat to fit, give me a PM and we can sort something out as my little lady has grown out of it.

Cheers,

Aww thanks Craig yeh i know its not long enough found that out yday but luckily we have a base too so i just need use that all time too. But thankyou for your kind offer :D

Shit kelly not good, what you gonna be replacing it with?

Dont know might have get something 'normal' booooo!

Was just guna buy a 320bhp almera turbo too ha! oh well!

Iain@CRD

Lifer
God :( ... nothing worce when you use this as the family car aswell! Engines is a total mess :eek: hope you get it fixed :)

Craig

Lifer
Aww thanks Craig yeh i know its not long enough found that out yday but luckily we have a base too so i just need use that all time too. But thankyou for your kind offer :D

No problem... I actually found it much easier with a base anyway! If I have another, I'll be getting a seat with a base regardless of seatbelt length!

Matchew

Member +
Dont know might have get something 'normal' booooo!

Was just guna buy a 320bhp almera turbo too ha! oh well!

I know but needs must i guess, how come you was gonna change it in the 1st place? fuel consumption through the roof!!!!

Kelly

Member +
Yeh was just getting abit costly to run! Now its even more haha!

Yeh Ian its such a pain coz i needed it for us all!