**** need peoples help- cometic gaskets ****

sx_turbo

Lifer
need peoples thoughts on COMETIC gaskets,

i'm thinking of getting them to make me some custom multi layer steel gaskets for the 4e/5e engines, as hopefully there prices will be cheaper, than buying them direct from japan from the likes of zep and cruise.

so if peeps could post there thoughts on this brand of gaskets, it would be much appreciated.

weakboy2

Member +
pretty sure COMETIC make a lot of good gaskets, cosworth engines ring a bell with that name lol.

IF they are a reputable company (which they are) then there is no reason why they shouldnt be used :)

GTdan

In The Closet
regardless of brands, its the quality and relaibility of the product that i think most people are concerned with, adn zep cruise etc, i have never heard a bad thing said, unless i missed something.

sx_turbo

Lifer
ok dan i need a tester ;)

i've already ordered myself a zep gasket from japan,

i'll get talking to cometic tomorrow

faisalgtturbo

Member +
do it cos they are very good quality gaskets

1 thing though dont tell them
how to make it

tell them specs of cars etc or boost levels

so they can use there knowledge on how to build the best

they can

faisal

dantheman

Member +
funny enough cometic gaskets have got a pretty bad name on the gti-r forum's.. as they dont have a colapsable sealing ring around the chambers and people have had alot of probs with them blowing across cylinders.. if the head and block are skimmed they seem to be ok.. but this is just on sr20's. unsure on other engines

sx_turbo

Lifer
funny enough cometic gaskets have got a pretty bad name on the gti-r forum's.. as they dont have a colapsable sealing ring around the chambers and people have had alot of probs with them blowing across cylinders.. if the head and block are skimmed they seem to be ok.. but this is just on sr20's. unsure on other engines

this is the info i want,

so i can make sure things like this are sorted so there are no problems.

sx_turbo

Lifer
also if i do end up getting them to make it, i would only tget them to make the gasket in one size.

i settled on making them 1.2mm as i feel this is a good all rounder, what do others think?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I'm after a 1.4mm Gasket suitabe for a 5E build @ 1.8 bar, if you need a tester *cough* *cough*

sx_turbo

Lifer
I'm after a 1.4mm Gasket suitabe for a 5E build @ 1.8 bar, if you need a tester *cough* *cough*

sorry i need to ask,

if your running forged internals, there super strong, what would be the point in making the compression even lower by fitting a thicker gasket?

when the pistons have a 10 cc dish already

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
sorry i need to ask,

if your running forged internals, there super strong, what would be the point in making the compression even lower by fitting a thicker gasket?

when the pistons have a 10 cc dish already

I need the 1.4mm HG to get the compression down to 7.5, also will be putting Nitrous through the system.

5E even with 10cc dish runs close to 4E compression

edit: Turbos going to alot beefier than my current TD04 :)

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
ah i see that makes sense thanks peeps,

hmmmm

so what sizes would people want then?

maybe i could get 5 of each done?

looks i gonna be busy tomorrow lol

miller3

Member +
They are what i use Rick and they are very good :).

another option you could try is www.faringdonprecisionengineering.co.uk

Last edited:

neil

Member +
we use them all the time on subarus in my work, some with big horse power and we never have any problem wiyh them!