Quad light keys microchipped?

starbogt

Member +
The wife just took her key to the local key cutter and they said it's microchipped! its for a 1994 quadlight GT standard toyota key with door open door close buttons(That never work) is this correct? is a chipped key immobiliser a factory option?

My Gt all be it a 1993 K only has a metal key!

Anyone know before I get arse raped by toyota?

Cheers

Andrew & Zoe

sx_turbo

Lifer
it may well be true, as the remote central locking was an optional extra.

for the price of a spare key i would get a spare key, and try running and starting the car with the new key, but leve the old key in doors.

just to double check that there isnt actually a chip in it.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Mine has the open/close buttons on the key. Never has worked and i tried to find a battery for the key but could never find the right size. Tried everywhere. I still managed to get the key cut though.

starbogt

Member +
cheers guys, I got a bettery for the fob off the internet I can find the code if you need it but its not very effective!. I'll get one cut and see what happens then! but the guy put it in a machine and it said there was no match!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
cheers guys, I got a bettery for the fob off the internet I can find the code if you need it but its not very effective!.

So do the doors open when clicked? I ended up buying remote central locking for mine anyway cus i was pissed off that it didnt work.

starbogt

Member +
they open with the button but by the time it in range you could use the key lol.... it locked it for 2 days then stopped working! where did you get the remote centyral locking kit from she wants it on her car?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
they open with the button but by the time it in range you could use the key lol.... it locked it for 2 days then stopped working! where did you get the remote centyral locking kit from she wants it on her car?

Hey mate, this is the exact one i have. Dosent cost much but i got my mate to fit as hes and electrician.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Remote-Centra...40:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ebayphotohosting

Needed one of these aswell.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-wire-centra...40:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ebayphotohosting

Jay

Admin
JDM models did not feature an immobilser. Therefore they do not feature an immobiliser chip.

He's just gotten confused with the UKDM models.

Jay