Why are starlets so uncomfortable

xxjack189

Member +
I love my glanza but i have to say it is by far the most uncomforyable car iv ever been in. You feel every little bunp in the road. Its still pn standard suspension so is thereanything i can do to make it a bit more comfortable? Coils?

matt walters

Member +
aha mate if you want comfort, probably chose the wrong car to start with, but i cant see coilys helping, especially not d2's. hard as a rock, i dont know about other makes. but definately not d2s for comfort, handling yes

xxjack189

Member +
I dont mind normally its just on long journeys id like a bit of comfort. I think i might just get something cheap and comfortable in the near future as well as the starbo. Couldnt bear to get rid of it.

matt walters

Member +
i know what you mean, id be doing the same and using it for a weekend toy but cant afford to either buy or insure another car :( not if i want the v to be how i want anyway

xxjack189

Member +
Yeah im in the exact same boat at the mo.nwould love an ep3 for a bit of comfort buy cant afford to run the 2. Thats whyid love to get my startleta bit more comfortable.

Dave.

Member +
If you find the stock suspension uncomfortable, I'd really recommend that you do not go for anything like coilovers (or lowering springs for that matter)...

If you want comfort, you should look into some real reclinable sport seats (Lancer Evo seats are a common choice, can be had fairly cheaply, and are very nice to sit in).

Dave

Sparky

Member +
hahahaha serious you find standard uncomfortable?????

Coils would make it hundred times worse I personally love it and wouldnt have it any other way.

-BenGTTurbo-

Member +
Dont get coilovers if you think standered susspension is too harsh. Go with some seats like said above.. Mines really comfy to drive as i have a GT and the seats i find are bloody good. Also with the state of the roads round here (dnt knw what they like where your from) i dont see why people go for coilovers unless they doing track.

the bullet

Member +
jack there is a company in dublin doing recliner seats for €200 a pair red power motorsport i think there called i'll try find a number for them if ye want

Last edited:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
I always thought the same,said id never go back to one because of it,but the one i have now is grand,as good as the mivec lancer I had,as far as i know theres just lowering springs on it

corofin12345

Member +
a good shock and spring setup and nice comfy seats will sort that.. i felt kinds the same with my standard seats but the recaro fishnets are brilliant.. hard to come by tho

Jay

Admin
After over a decade the stock suspension probably isn't in tiptop condition buddy, I'd advise a fresh replacement shock and spring set to try and improve the ride quality. Remember it's a fairly short wheelbase with an agricultural rear axle setup so the best 'comfort' mod could well be a cushion.. :haha:

Jay