Yahoon auctions japan

This may be the wrong section and i appologise for that but im not sure where to put it.

Has anyone ever used any of the websites that let you bid and buy off the japan yahoo auctions?
The way i understand it is that, you basically tell them the item how much your willing to pay, they bid for you and send you the item. Due to japanese sellers mostly only selling to jap bidders.

If anyone has used any of these websites to allow them to buy off yahoo japan, what ones did you use and what are your opinions on them?

Wouldnt mind buying a few bits off it, some nice rare starlet bits on it from time to time.

Any info on pros or cons would be appreciated

Jonny:rockon:

Jay

Admin
Used to do it years ago and looked at getting back into it once optional extras started selling well again.

Stopped doing it when the yen got strong, things that were costing me £50 landed started to cost £90 landed and no-one was prepared to pay the premium. I used okshon but it was a mixed bag of results. Lost more than a few items in my time with them but that's part and parcel of the game I reckon.

I honestly can't believe how expensive it's gotten in the time between then and now. Would not even consider dabbling in it again unless I had a buyer lined up and deposit taken. It's just too risky nowadays.

Jay

AdamB

Member +
Agree with Jay, things are too costly now due to the exchange rate and you could end up getting stung on import tax as well.

starletsy

Member +
Same as Jay really i have used a coulpe of guys i know in Japan, Nengun and bid JDM i would say although not the cheapest bid JDM is good as you don't have to put the money into the bidder acount before bidding so if you don't win you have lost nothing.

Iv used nengun a few times
I bought a recaro seat rail from them a few weeks ago
The rail cost 35ish... I thought that was a Bargin till I went pay for it and select my delivery option I got 3 options
3 months delivery =£110
5 to 6 weeks =£148
2 to 3 weeks =£189
I gave the costomer the option and he went for the most expensive one just for the delivery time (it's 1 week late already)
And I will be expecting import tax
everything iv ever bought I got taxed on !
So to cut a long story short it looks cheap till u start clicking and buying

Does seem to be on the expensive side but still wouldnt mind giving it a go sometime.

Thanks to all who commented, very usefull!

Jonny

rage

Lifer
i bought a lot of parts from japan last year. the yen is starting to be at a decent exchange rate again.

i used yahoo auctions and upgarage. as a middleman i used japandyno.com
basicly you find something you want, send him the link and the money to buy it for you. het gets it, you figure out either to buy more stuff or to sort postage/shipping of your item(s)