4efe and 4efe JDM diffrences

woop

Fresh Recruit
what do people know about the na 4efe?

Im talking about the 100bhp 4efe(gi), how can the jdm be distinguished from the brittish and Irish 1.3 engines? would I be right in saying black top
I know the internal differences, I mean how can I tell from looking at one?
cheers:)

also is there any difference between the glanza s and gi engines?

Timmy

Member +
I thought the only difference was in the ecu. The different intake manifold they often have is a mod from a 5efhe.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i thnik thats the glanza s that has the different inlet mani?

i think the 4efe jdm version purely just has a remap from its 90hp state

Dave.

Member +
the 4efe from a JDM starlet (starlet Gi or Glanza S) has bigger injectors, a different inlet manifold and a more aggressive ECU I'm sure

Dave

Phil

Super Moderator
Jay should be able to shed some light on this if he is around i know he stripped one recently. i'll have a hunt and she what i can find

Phil

woop

Fresh Recruit
Ive just done a bit of research and they are deffo different engines internally
1. differences in the rods, where the jap spec uses 4efte rods.
2. differences with valve springs,
3. differences between ignition (exported models had coil-in-dizzy where jdm had seperate coil)
4. Inlet manifolds are different, the jdm used the 4efte manifold.
5. crank pulley is larger, and hevier on the jdm (same as 4efte).

the s has slightly more torque but less power but Im not sure is this down to final drive
it has different ecu

but thanks for the help lads look forward to more:)
anyone know if the final drive is different in the S?

Last edited:

Idrees

Banned
I don't think it has the same inlet mani as the 4EFTE, this is the JDM 4EFE inlet mani:

DSC00008.jpg

Well thats definitely what the Glanza-S has so I'm assuming the Gi has the same?

Ted

Member +
Isn't that a corolla mani ? Wtf confused

the 4efe inlet manifold we took out of the 4wd jdm engine just looks like a 4efte one, not a corolla one.

we put the inlet manifold , injectors and ecu onto a uk spec 4e corolla for a track car and the performance was a lot better instantly.

however some people say the gi was the only one to have the 100hp engine as it was actually a homogolation special edition (so many had to be made to qualify for a specific type of japanese racing).

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
is this the urban legend thread? lol

By the looks of it yes mate. :)

Remember these engines are largely ignored in comparison to the turbo models. I've plenty of info gathered on the Starlet range and the brochures revealed a lot of info

There's a lot of misinformation posted above. Shall I go get a torch?