Blitz access ecu

wee-jo

Member +
Dunno if this is in the right section but meh, how much would you expect to pay for one of these? 400 or something?

CMR

Member +
Good luck getting one for 350! One sold a couple of days ago for 450.. my jam for sale for 450 too..!

CMR

Member +
Fair does, wasnt meaning you wernt accurate mate.. maybe my post came accross a bit wrong.
Put it this way, if you did get one for £350 you would have a bargain :)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
well people are willing to pay that stupid money so thats why they are going for sale at 450... if you notice this week poped up a few f them all for 450!!! also cos the only place you can get them is japan... and as you all know at the moment the yen is strong. i would pay 300 for one but not 450.

CMR

Member +
Its strange why they go for money like 450 pounds.

I'm always over on www.skylineowners.com and a Blitz Access ECU for a R33 would fetch about 100 -150 pounds. Same with Mines and other known makes.

The oem skyline ecu's are remappable though, hence why there is no real reason to get a jdm ecu like the blitz or jam which are not re-mappable for them :homer:

Matchew

Member +
Arent you paying alot for the name?
Plus dont the emb and ultimates have alot more tuning points, thus having a more efficient map? and have a better result on the rollers and on the road

Phil

Super Moderator
yeah emu and emb have tuning points its not a matter of more or less, the preprogrammed ecus are just that, - preprogrammed.

jam mines sard blitz farina etc etc, all are hit and miss, you dont know what they are mapped for and you have no idea what the fuelling will do.

alot of the time they run rich but maybe they where just mapped originally for big turbos in japland.

so yes your paying alot for the name and the lack of fuel cut speed cut plus at least a little more fuel and timing throughout.

Phil

CMR

Member +
They do have more tuning points yeah, of course. But they are not simply plug and play they need wiring in then mapping. The jdm ecus are just plug and play.

If you were to swap to a hybrid you would need the emb remapping, the jdm ecu would only need resetting.

GTdan

In The Closet
Arent you paying alot for the name?
Plus dont the emb and ultimates have alot more tuning points, thus having a more efficient map? and have a better result on the rollers and on the road

agreed, the only plus side is that these will never really drop in value....

for an emb - £350 for the ecu and wires
then say £250 for fitting and mapping - ultimate costs another £150 to buy it.

so when you come to sell it, your only going to get a lesser percentage back on what you paid for the ecu, the mapping you have lost out on.

Plus any mods that are addedd, your effectivly going to need a remap, where as the blitz and other ecus dont, its just plug and play.

Yes you should get better results with a piggyback...however what these translate too in performance...dont think anyone has done a test have they?