progress of my latest project

sx_turbo

Lifer
hey everyone,

well last january i finally got my car sorted of all its problems, and the gf's mini was looking rather sorry for itself sat on her drive rotting away,

so we decided to sort it out, now what started as a quick patch up and get it back on the road, except as we started we found ourselves having to remove more parts, and then the more we removed the bigger the task in hand got,

so

HPIM0489.jpg

HPIM0491.jpg

HPIM0492.jpg

HPIM0493.jpg

HPIM0496.jpg

HPIM0495.jpg

HPIM0498.jpg

HPIM0505.jpg

HPIM0506.jpg

HPIM0508.jpg

HPIM0511.jpg

we then bought another shell, that had an acident in the front, and drivers side, the damage was minimal, but extremely solid which was a right result, and was a relatively easy repair compared to what it was with the original shell, and the best bit was the shell only cost £200, BARGAIN!!!

DSC00322.jpg

dont seem to have many pics of the damage, what u see above is it,

so now we just needed to get it back rolling again, but as me and the gf are rather anal and perfectionists we cleaned and painted everything that has gone back on it, and will continue to do so, this past 10 months have been extremely hard not so much with the mini (although we have come stuck a few times) but mainly on our relationships and relationships with my parents (as its in there garage)

but alas there is light at the end of the tunnel

this is where we at at the mo

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

we've powder coated as much as we can, and everything has rust proof paint on,

the car is currently at the painters

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

there is a lot more pics but didnt want to bore everyone, if people wanna see more pics heres a link

http://s92.photobucket.com/home/sx_turbo1/index
http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l32/sx_turbo1/mini/

ryan-11

Member +
looks awesome! alot of time and effort gone into that, ive been looking into getting a mini as a project, done a few in work and some can b really rusty, keep up the good work.

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
that engine looks mint!!! my mates got a mini sat in his garage and a custom front subframe and everything there to fit a vauxhall redtop it just needs some welding and put together.

sx_turbo

Lifer
cheers for the nice comments peeps,

it's an unbelievable ammount of hard work to do a nut and bolt resto, you'd think there werent much to a mini, but there is so much its unbelievable, the cleaning and painting takes most of the time, and fighting to get things back together,

for some reason bits come apart all fine and dandy, you clean them go to put them back together and it dont fit, then u gotta spend the next 2-3 hours fecking about with them till they fit again lol

i'll never do it again................

as for the engine the gf dont want any madness, which is annoting as i had big plans for it, was gonna turbo it and big valve the head etc but gf werent having it, wants to keep it pretty much stock for now, so it's just gonna have a stage 1 kit fitted to it, it's been bored out +40 and i put a mild road cam in it so hopefully it will have a bit more poke than stock providing i've done my bit right lol.

cant wait to get it back from paint now though :D

danb87

South East England Area Rep
i hope my miissus dont see this. she wud be demanding the same. she had a mini for her 1st car. an she was very gutted when it failed its mot. on the bright side tho, she only paid £700 for it with tax an mot, an then sold it with neither too some knob tyre kicker for £1400 ha

Ben89

Lifer
awesome resto ricky, i did this myself on my mini and i know how your pain, they are real hard work to restore because everything is either rusty or broken lol!! i remeber with every panel i rubbed down there was more rust lol!!
that engine looks tidy aswell should go nicely with the cam in it!! keep us oposted on its progess and if you need any parts let me know i have a box of all my old mini stuff somehwere in the garage if you want anything, think i got some 10inch rally alloys somwhere too lol!!

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Nice work Ricky!

So... 4e-fte soon yes? :D They go quite well @ 1bar on TD04 hehe

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

J25GTi

Lifer
Did you not do one of those? My mate wants to put one in his soon...

Nice work Ricky!

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

sx_turbo

Lifer
Nice work Ricky!

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

yeah would be awsome,

if it were mine i would have gone mental with the engine side of things, but alas it's the gf's car :( (i just do most the work lol) and she wants to potter around like miss daisy :(

it took me 6 months to convince her that alloys and uprated pads and discs was a good idea lol,

most of the time if i really want something for it, i'll go out and buy it so we have to use it he he he he, so far i've been right all along.............

@ ben, yeah is a pain alright, if we get stuck for anything i'll give u a shout.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
So clean! Shes comnig along nicely mate. Bet your g/f's chuffed so far with how its going. Keep up the good work as always pal