Running constant 11.5s to 11.8s all day long during the last QTM of the year.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Hey guys,

Just recovered from yesterday so i thought id give u a little thread to let u know how we did at Hal Far Raceway Yesterday.

So, Yesterday was the last event of the season. We (Pekitu Garage/Zisco Performance) entered with my Glanza for this eventt which was the "QTM For Street Legal Cars". All In all we raced 8 Times, with near identical runs each time. We entered the full slick catagory, which paired us up against impossible cars, almost all the other competitors in our class run 9s and 10s.. but with a bit of luck and might i say SUPERB driving by Chris (mr.pekitu aka hkspower on this forum) we made it into the finals and overall placed 2nd... which tbh i would have never dreamt possible as it was already suicide to begin with lol.. :haha:

During one of the runs (before the 2nd qualifying) we had a little scare as one of my linkages fucked up.. Mr Zisco very kindly brought us his over (from his project GT Turbo) & chris (mr.Pekitu) changed them there a then.. in a record time lol... before i knew it he was back out with my glanza racing down the line haha!! and came back with a 11.58ET lol... what a day..

Well in the finals we where up against a monster honda civic pushing over 700bhp, which runs 10s... well done to Mr.Miguel the driver as his car is insane, it was an honour to have my car in the finals against him, which i must say is scary as his honda is insanely quick!!!!! But i must say it was awesome and amazing!!!

Id like to take this opportunity to thank Mr Pekitu and Mr Zisco, for everything!! This year has been the best season ever thanks to all your hard work and efforts guys!!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart!!!

and now the vids :D

Round1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cbTM_TFBms

Round2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUslcjD5mPs

Round3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALpOploUoYI

Final Round1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vNPs9yqNYc

Final Last Round: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pKMq2zoLjo

Thanks for watching, we will be back in march with more from Pekitu Garage & Zisco Performance!!! :rockon:

Kon

weeJohn

Lifer
The car must be well dialled in to get constant results like that Kon, to get into the final against that sort of competition is a credit to all involved, well done. Thats a brave old shaped Civic to be running that sort of power, dedicated racer I would imagine, although its a street car class I bet it doesnt see the street much.

The strip looks good, see they prep it for events like that and the time boards at the end are class. We are racing up the only stright roads we can find here lol.

HYBRID

The car must be well dialled in to get constant results like that Kon, to get into the final against that sort of competition is a credit to all involved, well done. Thats a brave old shaped Civic to be running that sort of power, dedicated racer I would imagine, although its a street car class I bet it doesnt see the street much.

The strip looks good, see they prep it for events like that and the time boards at the end are class. We are racing up the only stright roads we can find here lol.

hehe, well to say iv been out to map it and fine tune it at least 20~30 times is an understatement, i dont focus on torque i focus on getting the fastest acceleration possible with a stable yet minimal torque curve as iv found my engine prefaires it this way lol.. chris (pekitu) built me a bomb proof engine & mr zisco gave us the tools to play with, not forgetting keith who has a vast array of parts to aid us :D

we find the track better when it is prepped without grip juice, we dont get as good times when grip juice is applied... maybe its the way its prepped.. beats me.. as for that civic it was built and tuned by its owner, miguel, it is used often, but thats all i know, i was very happy to end up in the finals with him, as it was a crazy acheivment lol.. thanks John for ur kind words mate :)

Nice result mate,what trap speeds were you getting???

thanks mate, my trap speed was 122mph in almost every run.

well done mate, great times.

thanks ted, i cant express how happy we are mate!! :D

Welldone !!!
Nice to see some vids :)

thanks lionel!! will try to do better next year :D .. more vids will come i promise hehe ;)

great results mate glad theres some good results from one of our own lol.

hehe, thanks mate, we do our best! :D

Superb results Kon.

Excellent way to round off a fine year!

i couldnt have said it better rory!! it was my fav qtm event to date lol!! we can say 2010 ended in a bang as far as QTM racing goes lol!! cant wait for march :D

thanks shel!! :D

Well done mate!

thanks buddy! really happy with how she did!! not to mention chris drove her, race after race to the limit, which i cant stop to praise and congratulate him!!!

thanks everybody!! :rockon:

kon

Jay

Admin
Brilliant results Kon, you and the boys should be proud.

It's not just the time that impresses it's the consistancy!

Not a year wasted then bro, keep up the great work. :)

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
smashing result's dude, keep it going, and what the plans for next year?

sean what's it matter. sure you dont drive your car too....

animal gt

Member +
gaz can only dream of runing 11s...lol his 4x4 couldnt even cut it...pity i wasnt there driven it for him,could of been so diferant

weeJohn

Lifer
gaz can only dream of runing 11s...lol his 4x4 couldnt even cut it...pity i wasnt there driven it for him,could of been so diferant

You couldnt have done it without your security blanket mate lol.

Sorry but I just had to, its the funny mood I am in mate.

HYBRID

Brilliant results Kon, you and the boys should be proud.

It's not just the time that impresses it's the consistancy!

Not a year wasted then bro, keep up the great work. :)

hehe thanks jay :D in fact we earned the title of most consistant ep91 in maltese drag history to date :D
which we are over the moon about :haha: :rockon:

just got my latest addition to my engine today from mr pekitu.. a lovely set of arp headbolts.. cant wait:D

much more to come next year i can assure u!! thanks for the kind words mate!! they really mean ALOT!!

nice times dude! am i reading it right you dont drive your car??

yes, in malta during an event it is custom to choose the best driver in ur crew to drive ur car, and i can assure you
there is NOBODY as good as chris in my crew.. next year ill be giving it a shot myself.. my only problem is i enjoy seeing
my car run down the strip to much lol.. :haha:

smashing result's dude, keep it going, and what the plans for next year?

sean what's it matter. sure you dont drive your car too....

thanks gaz, as i posted in ur other thread.. heres the plans mate :)

1.) get a set of 23s as the 22s arent coping lol
2.) fit and tune the 550cc's aim for 30~32psi boost
3.) try to improve my times...
4.) fit arp's to my head as i think the oem head bolts are really reaching their limits..
5.) see if my 309d holds next season lol (shhh dont let it hear me say that) if not go for something much tougher..
6.) save up for a dogbox and shifter (the one i have in mind is around 5000euros.. so its a lot of saving lol)
7.) possibly try a gt gearbox to see if the longer ratios are of any use.. either that or i could try seeing if a 3.6 final drive exists..

fairplay lads.. great times.. wtf is in that civic? plus it was bouncing all over the shop on both runs

thanks, that sir is a monster 9 sec civic with around 750bhp which is absolutely mental i can assure you, it just revs and revs and revs without
stopping, i bet my left nut that if he acutally had traction hed hit 8s without any problem what so ever.. it is INSANELY quick once hes hit 3rd gear!! personally its my fav maltese drag car to date!!!

thanks for the kind words everybody!!
kon

weeJohn

Lifer
hehe, well to say iv been out to map it and fine tune it at least 20~30 times is an understatement, i dont focus on torque i focus on getting the fastest acceleration possible with a stable yet minimal torque curve as iv found my engine prefaires it this way lol..

kon

Know what you mean mate, my last mods dropped my horsepower by 20 bhp but took 0.3 off my times lol, confusing and frustrating but if it works.....