What is a p-sports glanza?

Farley

Member +
As above anyone got any pics and are they just a high turbo function all the time ? They must be rare as I've never seen or fly heard of one, cheers guys

bucketep91

Member +
poverty spec lol, im sure its the 1 with no abs no air conditioning windey windows and no elec mirrors and the interior is like a saxo lol

Jay

Admin
Ah yes, the 'lightweight' Glanza..

A low spec version that only ran in high boost, featured the questionable grey wipe-clean interior and divides opinion everytime it is asked about. ;)

The spec was low - no electric windows, mirrors, ABS or central locking. These were all still factory options at the time of ordering so we still see a few well specced examples from time to time. Just to clarify - Aircon was STANDARD on the V range and this model was no exception.

It's actual purpose is one of two things, either a cheap-ass entry model for those with lightweight wallets or it was marketed as a performance version.

Haven't tracked down the brochure yet but I'll let you know soon as I find out which.

Jay

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Like a light weight version then?

MythBusted.gif

you think santa brings presents to you on christmas too?:p:p

Jay

Admin
I wouldn't rule out the 'lightweight' theory..

What sort of saving do you think there would be in the electric windows, central locking, clock and solenoid?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
I wouldn't rule out the 'lightweight' theory..

What sort of saving do you think there would be in the electric windows, central locking, clock and solenoid?

and abs... well alltogether would add up! and if they wanted something to be more "sporty" they would have put some trd stuff me thinks?

Jay

Admin
and abs... well alltogether would add up! and if they wanted something to be more "sporty" they would have put some trd stuff me thinks?

By my reckoning we'd be looking at 15kg maybe 20kg saving at the most over a regular V, sound about right?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
dunno mate.. but i dont think that if they where looking into a light v they would remove the clock ?? and hi/lo!

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Aha so I have seen plenty of them then I've just been tricked by the adverts which say lightweight version well that's cleared that up for me then cheers guys how many glanza versions were there then? Standard v, p sports and snow version? Ps what was the snow version? Ps will rep u guys layer just away at mo and tryin to usenet on I phone which is a bitch lol

and the glanza S i think

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
the snow version ep82 had yellow fogs and lights, a "snow version" sticker on the tailgate and i believe it had an uprated alternator or starter motor i think to cope with the coldness better i believe.

im sure jay will know more.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Ah yes, the 'lightweight' Glanza..

A low spec version that only ran in high boost, featured the questionable grey wipe-clean interior and divides opinion everytime it is asked about. ;)

The spec was low - no electric windows, mirrors, ABS or central locking. These were all still factory options at the time of ordering so we still see a few well specced examples from time to time. Just to clarify - Aircon was STANDARD on the V range and this model was no exception.

It's actual purpose is one of two things, either a cheap-ass entry model for those with lightweight wallets or it was marketed as a performance version.

Haven't tracked down the brochure yet but I'll let you know soon as I find out which.

Jay

lol thats perfectly correct lol.. mine is one of these so called myths lol.. cheap ass is correct as it has a bare minimum of anything.. including that dreadful interior.... only extra mine had was electric windows.. it didnt even have a clock on the dash ffs :haha:

no wonder it was an ex-N1 car in japan lol :rolleyes::haha:

kon

Jay

Admin
If we look back a generation or two at the EP71 we find an interesting fact.

The Turbo S had a sibling branded the Turbo R:

turbor.jpg

turbor2.jpg

This was Toyota's lightweight version aimed at the track enthusiast (a serious amount of EP71's saw track action so it was seen as clever marketing). This should give you an idea of how popular the regular 71's were(!) :

ep71track.jpg

I'm of the opinion that the P-Sports Glanza could be a spiritual re-release of the Turbo R model. A pretty big assumption you'd think but guess how much lighter the R was?

20kgs.