finaly got her on the rollers

ashygt

Member +
003fa943.jpg

54f71332.jpg

went to a rolling road day today with the zero to 60 club,so pleased with my results
273bhp 245bhp at the wheels
273lbft

this was on a tuning developments engine running a td04 at 1.4 bar also mapped b them aswel,dont know how accurate te rollers were but a glanza went on after me and mad 129bhp standard just an exhaust and airfilter.so it seems about right.its a rocket on the road,mild cams please nick and mike:)

stu

ashygt

Member +
cheers mate cant believe the torque,it flies on the road so pleased with it all that hardwork has paid off want some mild cams that nicks going to design for me so bit more power yet.thatl be in the winter though:)

stu

GTdan

In The Closet
nice stu :)

I cant believe how quiet nicks engines are, ive heard a few forged builds and there a bit rattly, but nicks are deadly silent.

Im sure you youll be knocking on that door of 300bhp soon fella

ashygt

Member +
cheers mate it has need to root the pictures out when i first got her 5 years ago completely standard ha.

stu

ashygt

Member +
cheers everyone realy happy with it and yes its a very quiet engine,wuldnt take it anywere else sticking td04 tuning development mild cams next i think theyl get me to the magic 300bhp

stu

weakboy2

Member +
thought it used a lot of oil dude?

good figure but the wheel horsepower is deffo off, the figures dont equate.

probs more like 230 atw

Iain@CRD

Lifer
thought it used a lot of oil dude?

good figure but the wheel horsepower is deffo off, the figures dont equate.

probs more like 230 atw

^^

I agree but its more than likely the flywheel figure is off than the whp by using the wrong calculation. Hes got it done as roughly 12% transmission loss which is abit low.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Excellent result buddy! That torque curve is fun :)

As Iain said, transmission losses are set quite low but 245atw is a fantastic result on a stock TD04L :D

Cheers

Nick @ Tuning Developments

ashygt

Member +
im lovig it nick youve done a top job realy have,mild cams an arp head bolts next:)the torque is crazy in 3rd gear your fighting with the wheel espicially with that diff,drove quiete a few cars but this is by far the most fun.

stu

i like this project:cool:
that's some nice power and a great spread of torque

which power figure did they calculate?...whp or bhp?

some people/places reportedly use 10% - 15% factor for FWD transmission loses to convert whp to bhp.........some other places use higher, up to 20%

but regardless, its a good project.....:rockon:

Jay

Admin
Awesome figure for the turbo mate and an impressive level of torque available too. I'd bet she's a hoot to drive on the road.

You must be well chuffed :)

ashygt

Member +
Jay said:
Awesome figure for the turbo mate and an impressive level of torque available too. I'd bet she's a hoot to drive on the road.

You must be well chuffed :)

Thanks everyone I'm well chuffed,ye I'm loving it on th road especially with the diff and wilwoods on.never want to get rid,the evo owners and scoobies couldn't believe the torque it made, shows you how good nick is thanks tuning developments:)

Thanks stu