What was the best car you have owned?

JGT

Member +
I'm not sure if this thread has come up before but I'm quite interested to see/hear about your favourite cars that you have owned. I'll go first, so in the 6 years I have been driving I've had about 16 cars including, 106GTi, Mr2 Turbo, EVO3, Legacy turbo, Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo, GT's/Glanza V's and many more.. It was a tough decision but I decided on this:

Clio5.jpg

Clio3.jpg

Clio1.jpg

Clio4.jpg

Clio2.jpg

The Williams Clio, I never saw another on the road whilst I had mine so quite rare and the handling was amazing. I had made a few choice mods to it to bring the power closer up towards 170bhp from 150bhp and it was quite an animal with an amazing soundtrack. Such a small lightweight car with a huge engine shoe-horned in was impressive and the amount of thumbs up I used to get driving this was nice too. I know it's French so not to many people's tastes but still in my opinion it's a car worth owning and I wish I could bring one over here.

Guye

Lifer
Although I love my ep82, I would have to say that my all time favorite was
DSC00463.jpg

My old 1964 Morris Oxford. My reason...that car taught me that with basic, simple, honest engineering and high quality parts, cars can be made to run worry free virtually forever. Imagine never changing shocks or suspension components, but getting out the grease gun every 6 months insted. Imagine a body strong enough for 4 grown men to stand on the hoods/roof and the metal simply springs back into shape when the load is removed, metal that refuses to rust even when treated to acid paint stripper and doors that closed and lock using the strenght of one finger. Manufactuers have long realized there is no profit in making cars that strong, so we now have modern build quality...they can do much better if they really wanted to.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Ive always had a soft spot for the Clio Williams, the soundtrack is awesome and i think there great looking cars.

My best car would have to be my Starlet as ive only had 1 other car before it.

Iain

Beaker

Member +
I used to have an Austin A55 Cambridge. Same as your morris just with bigger tail fins. Let me tell you that in the uk they rust like anything. Mine had more filler in it than metal. Your right about them being strong, if you crashed into a modern car in it, it would destroy the modern and you might have a scratch on your bumper!

dac69er

Super Moderator
my uk ep91 is the best car ive had. reliable as you can get, comfortable, nippy. just a really good, cheap car.

my favourite car is my first ep82, will never sell her.

i do like those age clios. my mate had a 1.5 slammed on coilovers and it was awesome.

Chris@CCM

Member +
the french really know how to built a hot hach !
for me its got to be my old 205 gti 1.6 was such a fun car to drive and never once let me down in a year of hard driving and 2 track days
1455136854a3783902218b142085374l.jpg

1455136854a3783904335b658166754l.jpg

1455136854a3133189142b820416695l.jpg

1455136854a2756532439b589620472l.jpg

tho my first gt is not far away :)
1455136854a1466252834b381926944l.jpg

southwalesgt

Member +
Some mint cars there. Ive had 16 cars in 6 years too, my favourite would have to be my mr2 turbo rev1. Well built, modified it by myself, and you constantly had the feeling that at any moment it could be your last drive ever due to it being almost unmanageable! Closely followed by my Renault 19 16v. Had the Williams 2.0 engine fitted and went like shit off a shovel for a big car. Sounded nice too.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
I had a Nova GTE with a redtop conversion. That was fun. I've got some serious love for the Glanza atm though so the Nova is probably in 2nd place now.

lingl9z

Member +
My fav has to have been my Mk2 golf purely for the fact it was mint for its age, pretty nippy and sounded sweet.

Gotta love those williams, theres a few round my way, ones proper mint and the others falling apart with major rust issues, my mate has a 16v clio which i have t say is alot of fun, nice handling and sounds sweet!

my mate had a mint 205GTI 1.9 that was tuned pretty nicely but had gearbox probs, had to hold it in gear when giving it some or it'd jump out! still a sweet car though, shame his mum sold it when he was at work lol.

n631881743_627823_6341.jpg

Image032.jpg

Image031.jpg

n631881743_627820_5257.jpg

Last edited:

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Would have to be my Mk3 Fiesta XR2i...

NCY1.jpg

Had the car for near 4 year's and done alot of shows with it, got 2nd place at a ford show...

Hav had a couple of 106 GTi's a 306 GTi-6 a Fiest RS Turbo since then, and now got the Starlet GT which is becoming my fav car now...

PICT3157.jpg

It is very nice...

Ben89

Lifer
mini.jpg

my first car, it was truely awesome and i regret selling it to this day, i bought it when i was 14 for 300 quid with rough body work and a fecked engine, spent loads on it :(

Iain@CRD

Lifer
My first car, i did regret selling but i spent way too much money and lost alot more, simply couldnt turn down the starlet. Still has a soft spot.

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

Stulet-GTT

Member +
My first car, i did regret selling but i spent way too much money and lost alot more, simply couldnt turn down the starlet. Still has a soft spot.

Wouldn't regret sellin the corshitter mate, my ex has one an it was fooking awfull to drive, and there butt ugly but thats just my opinion...:haha:

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Wouldn't regret sellin the corshitter mate, my ex has one an it was fooking awfull to drive, and there butt ugly but thats just my opinion...:haha:

Hahaha when your 17 its a great car to own but the 1.0 12v pissed me off with that stupid noise.

Brad_L

Member +
the best car ive owned was also my clio williams 2 the handling amazing and the noise of the induction sounded bloody lovely

Picture075Large-1.jpg

Picture072Large-1.jpg

Picture066Large.jpg

My 106 rallye was a bloody good car but didnt really have the power. Here's mine which i got into performance french car

PictureLarge-2.jpg