insurance

1. F

Persistance pays off....

Yo, Thought i'd share this for any fellow young starlet owners/prospective buyers...After previously checking comparison sites for quotes on my GT and getting quotes back of anything from 4-7000 I thought I was doomed after finding out my starlet had some how been insured as a 1331cc...
  2. J

Starlet GTT/Glanza replica

Basically, im looking for a turbo replica, or a standard starlet that's been converted to turbo, i tryed getting insurance on a glanza and every insurance company told me to fuck off because of my age and conviction's :cops: . If anyone know's of any for sale drop me a PM ;)
  3. S

Insured by Admiral ? Think again.....

My insurance was due to run out on the 10th September so I phoned my insurance company (Admiral) up to renew it and give payment details. Since then I have been driving around like normal. Last Friday, I noticed that they had not taken payment so checked my car on the Motor Insurance Database...
  4. S

Just been intentionally rammed

I've just been intentionally rammed off the road by a farmer in his Nissan Navara. I was going down the road on the way back to work, came round a bend (within the speed limit) and there was a Nissan Navara coming straight towards me in the middle of the road. I slammed the brakes on and had to...
  5. 4

insurace with 3 convictions and 6 points

i guys just wondering if any of you where in the same position as me try to get insurance on a gt or glanza with penalty points/ convictions and where to try. the cheaps i got was 1275 3 months ago when i was first sell my car now the same insurer is saying 5500! for a gt turbo
  6. K

Insurance purely to be road legal?

Is it possible to get insurance purely to keep your car legal? What i mean is that i dont want to drive anywhere at all, the car will just be sat outside my house. 0 annual mileage, wont be driving during the day or night, or using it for social purposes or commutin to work... but i also dont...
  7. T

Begginer, buying, insurance.

Hi, im 18 / 19 in a month or so, im looking for a new car , im looking for a toyota starlet glanza v ep91. I have a 1.6 astra atm and i am starting to think why pay so much on fuel when i can have a 1.3 and is quicker? I know its a tubro and pressing the loud pedal wil probs kill my fuel, but i...
  8. Jaak

Track Racing Insurance?

Hi, Does a person need special insurance on your car if you are participating in Track/Drag racing? could you guys shed more some of your advice on this subject as I would like to start racing, but I would like to know what all is needed on the legal end. Thanks,
  9. W

Things to check when you buy a car

Most people know that its common sense to perform some form of vehicle check before they buy a car, but not many people know where to look, and what they can find out (these sites are geared up for the UK market). Here are a few sites that can help...
  10. W

Most people know that its common sense to perform some form of vehicle check before they buy a car, but not many people know where to look, and what they can find out (these sites are geared up for the UK market). Here are a few sites that can help...
  11. W

12. Streetech

Feedback for Sky Insurance

I have just taken out a new policy with Sky and I would like to say they were a great help. There has been some bad/misunderstood feedback for them today but I can happily say they helped me alot and were a pleasure to deal with. I now have both my Starlets Insured with Sky Insurance and I...
  13. Dave.

Brentacre Insurance - Big thumbs up

Alright folks, Had my renewal there at the beginning of the month, and thought I'd give Brentacre a call because I'd heard their name mentioned in passing. They quoted me an excellent price for fully comprehensive insurance (a tad over £700, for a full 12 months) on my GT with ALL mods...